Chapter 5- Drunk as a Skunk

(A/n: Loki's mad at you.
No, I'm kidding. He's not here yet. XD Meanwhile, you look like you're enjoying yourself. 😌 I decided to post from my sketchbook today. Seemed like a fun idea!)

(Word Count: 2655)

Loki had officially been gone for five days and I was feeling the return of my depression. It was just different not having someone tell you what needed to be done day to day. I hadn't even swept the floor since I promised to Loki that I would the previous week...

Sure, it was late in the morning, but I decided that I was going to actually get up and do something. After all, without Loki there it was like I had no inspiration to do anything. Besides, Lani wasn't too strict with what I did and what I didn't do; aside from the usual showers and brushing teeth and eating.

I got out of the bed, not bothering to make it as I went find the broom in the closet and began to sweep around the living room. Loki would certainly be happy that I was finally doing what he asked. But he wasn't there... and that tugged at my heart. But I swept on, trying to push that thought out of my head. He'd at least be happy when he got back.

Hearing a noise from the living room, Lani poked her head out of the kitchen and smiled at seeing me there. "Hey!" I jumped at hearing her shout. I quickly put the broom down as I looked at her anxiously. Why was she yelling? Did I do something wrong? I was only sweeping. Loki wanted me to sweep. But my fears were quenched as she sheepishly asked, feeling awkward for having scared me, "Hey, are we having a cleaning day? I could've brought some Windex of my own!"

I bit my lip as I thought about it. Well... I wasn't planning on having a cleaning day but cleaning did make me feel better since it was something Loki usually appreciated me doing around the house. He was a prince after all... "Um... Loki usually keeps some supplies in the bathroom closet..."

"Oh, goody!" Lani shouted with enthusiasm, "I'll get to work on those windows right away! They'll shine like they've never shone before!"

I smiled slightly as I watched her skip to the bathroom. Full of life, just as I said. I continued sweeping with that small smile still on my face. It wasn't long later that she joined me in that part of the house and she was wiping away at the windows.

It took quite long for me to sweep the whole house, as Loki usually took care of our big room and the bathroom. But I got it all done anyway. I felt pretty drained afterward so I decided to sit on the window seat and stare out at the buildings that I had gotten used of seeing in New York. But then... we lived near Central Park. The best place in the universe. It had trees and a river and animals! I didn't see things like that in Hydra's prisons.

I shivered in response to my thoughts. I was usually always so occupied with Loki that my thoughts never got that far. But now that I had nothing to do, my thoughts were driving me crazy.

"(Yyyyyy/nnnnnnn)!" My ears twitched at her high pitched shout. The door to the room swung open and in came Lani with a concerned expression. "You disappeared on me! You really had me worried there." She sat beside me near the window, noticing my blank expression. "Hey, what's going on, kitten? You seem a little out of it today." I shook my head, but she wasn't taking that. "My little (Y/n) used to love hanging out with me and now you're so sad. Won't you talk with good ol' Agent Dawn?"

I rested my forehead against the cold window. It took a moment before I admitted, "Loki always used to tell me what to do and what not to do. Kinda like when you would teach me things back when SHIELD first saved me. He's been gone... and I dunno what to do anymore." I couldn't hold back the sniffle I was holding back. I just wanted Loki to come home with me so things could go back to how they were.