Chapter 1

I hope this crossover turns out the way I hope. Like the description says, there are some Mamma Mia and Devil Wears Prada stories where Miranda and Donna are twin sisters. I don't mean any harm to those, they are good but have a lot of plot twist. I decided to give it a try and hope you all like it. Enjoy!!!

Ruby had torn down the wall that she had built when leaving her true love. That devastated her, for that she had become cold, bitter and distant. When she was pregnant and found out she had twins, it was a complete happiness. Being a twin herself it was not a surprise. Ruby hadn't spoken to her twin sister since they were teenagers. The difference between them was that she got to be the blonde one and her sister got to be the most successful and adored singer worldwide out of the two so they drifted apart. Just like if she didn't exist but that's a story for another time. A similar thing happened with her daughters. Although Donna was more like Fernando, Miranda was exactly like Ruby. Because of being too focused on her work and the pain of not being with Fernando, Ruby didn't see what was happening around her. The wall she built was passed on to Miranda. Donna was the strongest so she decided when she went to college that she could prove to Ruby that she could survive without her. Miranda on the other hand always tried her hardest to get Ruby's attention but failed. That failure resulted in turning Miranda into the woman everyone knew and feared today. After thinking Donna had died, she decided to tear the wall down and ask for a second chance with Sophie. When Ruby discovered that Fernando was at the hotel, her second chance doubled. When Donna returned alive it tripled and the wall was down completely.

Ruby didn't want the same story that happened to her and her sister to happen to Miranda and Donna. Mother and daughter hadn't spoken in almost more than 30 years. Miranda acted like Ruby didn't exist in her life so for a while she had stopped trying to get closer to her. When Ruby got to the island, she kept trying and this time she wasn't going to give up. Even though she had her guard down, she had to put it back up to face Miranda. Ruby knew her daughter, she had kept an eye from the distant so she had to act the part to succeed. Ruby would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous inside. Making the trip from Kalokari to New York for this was a big step. Of course, only Fernando knew the real reason of it. For the others, it was a business trip of something from the old record company. Family had become the most important thing in her life. Now Ruby was in the Elias-Clark building trying to make things right between their daughters and her. She knew Miranda's reputation in the fashion world. Though that wasn't going to stop her from reaching out to her daughter. The elevator door opened, she took a slight deep breath and stepped out. Everyone moved around her, the phones of the two assistants didn't stop ringing and the atmosphere was chaos.

Ruby gracefully walked to the second assistant. She didn't know anyone of course so she was nervous inside but wasn't going to show it "I'm here to see Miranda" Ruby said quite plainly, the young woman looked at her. She seemed different than the other workers, she had long brown hair and was quite slim.

"Do you have an appointment?" The woman asked

"No, it's a personal matter" Ruby replied

"I'm sorry ma'am but without an appointment, Miranda can't see you. She's in an important meeting right now and won't have the time. If you leave me your name, you can return tomorrow" the assistant said

Ruby straightened up, her patience was running out. Plus, she hated to be called ma'am "You seem like a smart girl so you can try to understand that I need to see Miranda today. I'm not leaving until I do" she said

"Won't you now?" A voice said, Ruby looked in that direction, Miranda had a serious look on her face. More than what anyone had ever seen "What are you doing here?" She scowled

"Can't I visit?" Ruby said cynically

"30 years and now you show your face? What do you want?" Miranda said