First day

Sunday night - 08/15
"What you wearing tomorrow, it's your first day, you gotta look good" my home girl said

"Jaliyah you know imma look like a shnack" I replied hyping myself

"Who you tryna impress" she asked in a bitch type tone, I wasn't tryna impress nobody but the first day always counts.

"Nobody girl, I'm just tryna look good for the first day" I said rolling my eyes

"Mhmm, So what you wearing"

I grabbed my outfit and showed her, I was gonna wear a Nike dress, ripped jean jacket and some white air forces.

We talked for a little longer, then said our goodbyes. When I hung the phone up, I hopped into bed put the tv on and watched some Netflix. I was scrolling through my insta and seen everyone in Indiana having a block party, I miss everything about being in Indiana, living in New York is so different, I don't know what imma do.

—————————
12th grade - Monday 08/16
I woke up from the sound of my alarm and got into the shower. I blasted my bad bitch playlist and got ready for school. I had almost finished, but my hair was acting up, I was tryna figure out what to do with it while my mom was yelling from downstairs telling me to hurry up. I got down, put my sneakers on and left out the door "Girl what was taking you so long?" my ma asked starting the car

"I was doing my hair" I said pulling the mirror down fixing my durag while it lays my hair down.

"Chile, that shit is not important if you finna be late" she said irritated

"Aight, I'm sorry, you dropping me and Xavier first" I said putting the mirror back

"Nah, Serenity and Vonte already late"

"Ma, we literally round the corner. We can walk" I said trying to convince her

"I know you not finna catch an attitude cause of that, I need to sign some papers for you anyway, so you are last" I put my earphones in and ignored her, she continued with her rant and was getting down my throat about asking a simple question.

*20 minutes later
We had finally pulled up to the school, it was nice and modern compared to other schools down here. Ma signed the papers and left. I got my timetable, and made my way to my homeroom. I got to my room and seen Jaliyah, I gave her a hug and found a seat. As usual we started talking trash bout all the bitches who looked stupid, hoe like, rich and ugly.

—————————
End of day
My day was cool, I can't be that mad as it was my first. I met some cool people who I think I can be friends with in the long run. Throughout the day me and Jaliyah was texting, we didn't have any periods together on week A. Me and Xavier walked home together, it was awkward cause we were never together like we were now. Don't get me wrong it's fun being around him but its just weird being around almost 24/7, it's taken us both time to get used to it.

"Imani how was your day, you get in any fights, fuck any bitches up?" He said breaking the silence

"Nigga, you crazy!!" I laughed, pushing him in the chest

"Nah, for real how was your day" he said smirking

"It was cool, met some cool girls. Classes was nice, but I seen bout 3,4 fights today. Is this how it be?"

"Yeah but we know you not finna change school after mama forcing you to go and her moving you back here, she got you on lockdown" He replied

"Why she always gotta act like this, it's like she think dad gotta a curse"

"Don't let it get to you, things goin change" he said reassuring me slightly

It was weird how momma just moved Xavier and me back out of the blue, when she thought something funny was going on. My dad means everything to me being away from him is like this was an empty hole in my heart. My ma and I ain't always had a smooth relationship, her moving me here created some tension.

We got home, I made us a snack. I freshened up and changed into a bandeau dress before we left to go to a block party Xavier friend holding.

Twenty minutes later
We got there, and all I could see was bitches shaking they ass and niggas smoking weed. I found Jaliyah and we hit a blunt together, she was talking with one of her hoes most of the night, so I started talking to a girl I met at school, Ashanti.

While I was in mid convo with Ashanti, I felt someone touch my ass, I turned round and it was a dark skin nigga, "What up new girl?" He looked like he was part of one of the gangs in the area but I tried take no notice.