Jisoo holds the door open for her and together, they walk into a huge fucking kitchen, where a woman in a cashmere sweater and jeans is standing, twirling wine around in her glass. She looks up and once she sees Jisoo and Jennie, she grins. "You must be Jennie." She says and Jennie nods.

"Yes ma'am." She replies and the woman shakes her head.

"Oh no, don't call me ma'am. You can call me Dara." She says with caring eyes and Jennie feels weirdly like she's betraying her own Mother by standing in this house, across from this woman, and wishing that her Mother was anything like this. Jisoo is moving across the kitchen and she opens the cupboard.

"Can I call you Dara too?" She asks and Dara shoots a glare at Jisoo over her shoulder.

"No you may not, young lady." She says and Jisoo sends Jennie a wink over her shoulder.

"Worth a shot." She responds as she pulls two glasses from the cupboard. "Do you want something to drink? We have juice and soda and water." Jisoo says and Jennie shrugs. She feels like she shouldn't be here. She doesn't belong here. She belongs in her 10'x13' bedroom, listening to her parents yell at Wheel of Fortune. She shouldn't be here.

But she is and she wonders if billionaire water tastes any different.

"I'll have water, thank you." Jennie whispers and she's still holding onto the top of her suitcase. Jisoo smiles.

"Cool." And she walks to the fridge and pulls out a Pur container. She pours two glasses of water and hands one to Jennie, who takes it with a grateful smile. She takes a sip and perhaps surprisingly, the water tastes the same. Dara is staring at her with questions in her eyes and Jennie isn't sure that she'll be able to answer them. Jisoo steps in front of her and says, "Come on, I'll show you the guest room." She gestures to the grand staircase that's in front of the entrance and Jennie nods. Jisoo starts to walk and Jennie follows. She shoots Dara one last grateful smile before turning and following Jisoo up the stairs.

-

The guest room is double the size of her room at home

(And again she has to correct herself. Her old home.)

Jisoo shows her the attached bathroom and says that she's welcome to unpack some of her stuff if it makes her feel comfortable. Jennie shrugs. "To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure anything will make me feel comfortable, but thank you for trying." She mutters and Jisoo bites down on her bottom lip. Jennie is looking down at the bed, which looks incredibly comfortable and really, she's had a long day. So she sits down on the bed and god, it really is as comfortable as it looks. Jisoo sits down next to her.

"You don't have to tell me why you were out there but if you did want to talk about it, sometimes it helps to talk to a stranger." Jisoo says and Jennie is too tired to relive her night so she just shakes her head.

"Again, I appreciate the offer but I'm exhausted. I'd really just like to get some sleep." Jennie says and Jisoo nods.

"Yeah, totally! There'll be breakfast when you wake up." Jisoo says with a smile. Jennie gives a nod of acknowledgement.

"Thank you, Jisoo." She says and she means for more than just breakfast. For all of this. And judging by the look on Jisoo's face, she understands.

-

Jennie wakes the next morning and she nearly forgets where she is.

And then it hits her when her vision clears that she'd gotten kicked out of her house last night and she was staying at the house on top of the hill.

And she still had nowhere to go.

Sleepily, she climbs down the stairs. Jisoo is sitting at the kitchen island, half a bagel in her hand. She grins at Jennie when she sees her come down the stairs. "Good morning! How did you sleep?" She asks.