SPACE

Thank you thehappyhormone for the amazing cover....

Manik.

"So... What do u think?", I heard Dad ask me as he motioned his hand towards the college.

I chuckled at his obvious excitement before shaking my head, "I had no doubts about the college Dad. Space Academy is one of the best colleges in the country and I'm happy to be here."

Dad: Great... Space has always had it's academic results on the top, plus, it has an amazing sports setup as well, just like you wanted. You will have the time in the world Son, I am sure you are gonna enjoy here.

Manik: But I am also looking forward for work Dad. I really do wanna get a practical approach to Business.

Dad: Yes, I know... But even though I am allowing you to look over things here in our Mumbai office, I really do want you to focus on yourself and have some fun here. Work and all can come later too.

Manik: Thanks Dad!
I reply to him knowing my parents thoughts very well about me getting into Business this early.

Dad: Come on now, let's have a walk around the campus, I can already see so much things that have changed since I was last here.

I rolled my eyes at him, and couldn't stop myself as I replied,
Manik: The last time you were here was 30 years ago Dad... Of course, it's changed. 

Dad: Oh shut it... Come!
He told me as he walked ahead of me to wherever he remembered the canteen was. The two of us walked around the campus for sometime before it was finally time for his flight back to Delhi, so we decided to leave. I looked around the cafeteria, admiring the place when I noticed something weird, and spoke up my thoughts,

Manik: Why is the college so empty on a week day? I barely see anyone around!

I saw Dad shrug by my side as he replied,
Dad: It's past the college hours son! There are just a number of clubs that operate at this time....
I nodded at him as we continued walking.

No doubt it was an amazing college, quite better than the one I was enrolled for in Delhi and I know my year would pass quite well. 

We reached our car in the parking lot when a football hit right next to me. A smile made it's way onto my face as I made a mental note to join team very soon. I turned towards Dad with a silent question at which he just pointed out to a direction where he remembered the field was, I moved forward before kicking the ball high in the same direction and watched it disappear from my line of sight as I got back into the car.

-----------------------------------

Ready for a new morning and a fresh start the next day, I took a deep breath driving through the gates of the Space Academy, moving my gaze all around the packed parking lot I tried to find a vacant spot. Finally getting one at the other end of the lot, I drove my car into it at a steady pace before turning off the engine as I moved out walking straight towards the front building. The entrance seemed busy enough with various students moving in and out. Stopping right outside the door I noticed the corridors inside bussing with the morning crowd. Well, this was gonna be my college for the next one year, let's see what this place is like.

"Ok... This is it! And here goes Nothing..."
I muttered under my breath finally walking through the doors and finding my way to the admin block that we visited the previous day. The lady at the desk seemed more than willing to help me up as it gave her something to do instead of just looking through the buddle of old magazines in front of her. Finishing off all my admission paperwork, she was handed over a Map of the college and the class routine before telling me to hurry up for my first class.