Chapter 6: Backstory (Part 5)

*First Slide: Youtube Video*

-Backstory Continues: Third Persons's P.O.V-

______ now is at a loss for words as Mo Yuan has practically left her speechless because for the first time, since they've gotten to know each other, Mo Yuan has said something that is quite rare for him because usually he doesn't speak much and not to mention he doesn't often express his feelings. So this was quite the rare occasion and while ______ is left in shock, Mo Yuan just gently holds her hand tighter which brings her back to her current situation and soon she begins to blush as the realization comes to her that while she was left speechless, she may have been staring at him the entire time. Although, she is able to keep her calm composure and reveals her warm smile which causes Mo Yuan to return the warming gesture. But the reason why ______ is acting this way is because she is finally able to see a different side to Mo Yuan which also means that he is slowly opening up to her and trusting her.

Then as they both stand in silence for a bit, Mo Yuan let's go of one of her hands and he takes the straw satchel from ______'s shoulder and tosses it over his own. Then he offers his hand again to ______ while saying "Ready to go back home?" and she just quietly giggles and smiles and grasps his hand and soon he intertwines his fingers with her own. Although, Mo Yuan's actions surprised _______ at first, she was able to control her emotions except hiding her big smile on and unknown to her, Mo Yuan had his own big smile. So, while on their way back he led the way and not once did he loosen nor let go of her hand but instead he kept his gentle grip and kept her close behind him.

However, once they made their way back, they both weren't expecting such an unexpected sight as the first object that laid in their sights was a palace paladin and slowly they both let go of each other's hands. But now they both begin looking at each other in confusion as ______'s assumptions were that the possible noble family was probably Yao Guang and soon her emotions begin to run rampant in her heart and she soon clutches her chest to try to prevent her from panicking. Unfortunately though, Mo Yuan has a sharp eye and notices her reaction from the corner of his eye and before he can comfort her she quickly shakes off her wild emotions and manages to recompose herself to look like a normal state however it's just so she wouldn't worry Mo Yuan. But again, since Mo Yuan has a sharp eye he can tell when ______'s pretending to be strong or hiding it to prevent his worries. So, he takes a step towards her and reaches out his hand to her but immediately he stops in his tracks as he hears a familiar voice and even ______ recognizes it."Mo Yuan! There you are! I've been waiting for you this whole time" said the woman's voice and both ______ and Mo Yuan's attention raise towards the direction from where the voice comes from.

It was her. Yao Guang who was now running towards Mo Yuan but ______ is only able to process everything in slow motion as she watches Yao Guang leap in the air once she is in front of Mo Yuan and her arms spread open and they wrap themselves around him and he catches her. Now while ______ was witnessing all of this, she adverts her head to look away and now her mind goes back to the normal speed and she gets called by her grandfather to come inside and she immediately does so without waiting for Mo Yuan. Furthermore, ______ keeps her eyes downward but while walking towards her grandfather her eyes slowly begin to raise she sees a man standing behind him and immediately recognizes him as Yao Guang's father. Luckily, she noticed in time and stands in front of both of them and she holds her arms across her chest and overlaps her hands over one another and does a respectful bow towards Yao Guang's father and he chuckles a bit and instructs her to raise her head and she does as told. Then he explains "Today isn't political business so their is no need to act so formal. But rather today's events are to arrange a possible unity between two families. Mo Yuan and Yao Guang, please join us inside as we further discuss this proposal". Then grandfather and Yao Guang's father follow each other inside but unaware to both Mo Yuan and ______, this proposal didn't sit well with their grandfather as he felt this proposal was quite random and it was completely unfair as it was just out of the blue. Unfortunately though, their grandfather couldn't express his input as Yao Guang's father was apart of the emperor's counsel so it's either go against the one of the members of the emperor's counsel and risk death or silently obey and survive. This was a tough decision that even he wasn't completely prepared to make on such notice.