▪️Trinity Meets Girl

Start from the beginning

Lucas raises his hand. "Sir, if I may take a different position?"

Mr.Matthews nods. "Yeah, save me, Mr. Friar. Do I go too far?"

Lucas nods. "Always, sir. I understand your point, but I use my phone to video chat with my old friends and to find out what's going on in Texas."

"Yeah. How else can he keep tabs on all the hoedowns and cattle pageants?" Maya mocks.

"Childish," Trinity mutters under her breath.

"Maya!" Riley scolds.

"It's okay, Riley. I'm unaffected by Maya's views of country life," Lucas tells her. "As my Uncle Buster always says, "Be like an eagle and soar above the mockingbird.""

"You're the mockingbird," Riley teases Maya.

"I know," Maya tells her before turning to glare at Lucas. "It kills me that I can't get to you."

"Sorry," Lucas tips an imaginary hat. "Ma'am."

Maya shudders in annoyance and turns back to the front.

Having had enough Trinity takes out The Scarlet Pimpernel and starts on her Language Arts homework. It wasn't like she was gonna learn anything in this class anyway.

Farkle raises his hands. "Farkle time, sir?"

"Oh I love Farkle time," Mr.Matthews takes a seat at Farkle desk allowing Farkle to take over the class.

"With all due respect to history, Mr. Matthews, what's important to our generation will be on this side of the timeline, when Farkle and technology rule. And I will easily be able to make another one of you.easily be able to make another one of you. And I will easily be able to make another one of you." he reaches out and plucks a strand of Riley's hair.

"Ow."

"And another one of you," he pulls a stand of Maya's hair.

"Ow."

"Wait, so now there's four of us and one of you?" Riley asks him.

Farkle lets out a creepy laugh. "That's awesome. The future, you can't escape it, I am Farkle!"

Mr.Matthews walks back to the front. "The assignment, you can't escape it, I am a teacher! Okay, so here's what we're going to do, guys. We're going to split into teams and discover whether or not new technology has made us better people. You'll do presentations on your findings. And here's a twist. No computers."

Farkle's eyes pop. "What!?"

"We're going old school. You're going to do your research at the New York Public Library."

Maya turns to Riley. "Where?!"

"And here's another twist because I trust you not at all. Give me your cell phones."

Riley holds her cellphone to her chest. "No!"

"Yeah," Mr.Matthews holds out a basket. "Come on, hand 'em up, hand 'em up. Thank you, thank you. Okay, so our teams for this assignment. Maya-"

Farkle leaps over to Maya's lap. "What up!" Maya pushes him off.

"And Riley, you will be with..." Riley and Lucas glance at each other. "No! No! No!" the bell rings, and Trinity immediately starts to pack up. When she reached the front Mr.Matthews stops her.

"Ms. Hart, you didn't hand me your phone."

She gives him a sardonic smile. "Can't do that Mr.Matthews. '

"And why not?"

"'Cause I need my phone."

"I'm sure the rest of your classmates think the same way. As a teacher, I can't give you any special treatment."