ii. shazam! opinions

(*゚ー゚)ゞ⌒☆
shazam spoilers ahead!

OKAY! so honest opinions here!

i liked the movie. it wasn't at all a bad movie (unlike many dc movies prior), but i did have some issues with the movie that idk if it is just me or if anyone else felt like it whenever they saw the movie.

1) teenage!billy and shazam!billy are almost like 2 completely separate characters and i don't see them as the same person. teenage!billy was like a misunderstood teen who was slightly sadistic and somber whilst shazam!billy on the other hand was more hyper and childish and way more cocky. idk if it was just the writers or actors but man it seemed like i was just watching a movie with 2 people as the mc and not just one character bouncing from one body to the other.

2) WHERE WAS MY TIGER BBY??? i was beyond disappointed that tigers didn't play a bigger part in the film as they do the comics. and it's not like they couldn't have??? they totally could've but they chose not to. whatever

3) okay, first of all, why couldn't they have casted an actress to play Billy's mom who actually looked 17 so that we would've at least somewhat have understood why she abandoned him in the first place instead of giving us some 40 y/o actress that made everyone confused as to why she abandoned him. if she looked at all young, we would've been like "oh shit she's too young and she knows!! that's why she abandoned him!", but instead, the whole movie i was just thinking she was a shit mom who after losing her kid just stopped caring.

4) can we all agree that the one office scene after the big!bad character gets his powers was completely unnecessary and didn't have to happen like it did?? like it just made me grossed out and like left with such a wtf feeling in my stomach that i've only felt after watching a death scene in the jurassic park series.

5) speaking of that scene, can we just take a moment of silence for how UGLY those motherfucking creatures were?? like jfc at least some things you can find them to be alright but that animation made me wanna 🤮 all over my own legs. greed was nasty af, that fucking tongue like EW no thanks, tentacle tongue. GLUTTONY WAS THE WORST IT WAS SO GROSS LOOKING. you know, for a movie advertised to mainly kids and young teenagers (and obviously dc fans alike), they sure did a great job at making me never show my kids this movie.

6) it was a good movie, but just not one i'd purchase once it came out on dvd. like, i might redbox it or record it on dvr but it's not worth the like 16 extra dollars on top of what i paid to watch it in theaters.

overall, a good movie and i didn't mind it and i would suggest seeing it if you can. but yeeyee idk it's a dc movie. I STAYED FOR THE FIRST CREDITS SCENE AND THEN I STARTED LEAVING AND THE DUDE NEXT TO ME SAID "there's a second scene" AND I SAID OUT LOUD "it's a dc movie, i don't care." AND THEN JUST WALKED AWAY,, OMG IM SO ANNOYING.

" AND THEN JUST WALKED AWAY,, OMG IM SO ANNOYING