Chapter 20: Shame (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"That's not a beekeeper." Crowley snapped. "That's the father of murder."

Dean rolled his head. "Sorry. Who?"

"It's Cain."

"As in Cain and Abel?" Dean asked.

"Dean." Crowley said. "We need to be a world away from here--from him." He turned to leave and almost ran into Cain, who appeared right behind him.

"You're not going anywhere." He growled. "Crowley."

************************

After they talked to Cain for a while, it became clear that he had no intention of helping them. He had kicked them out in order to 'run some errands,' and now they were sneaking back in to look around.

"This is by far the dumbest idea you've ever had." Crowley whispered.

Dean snorted. "Yeah, well, it's early."

Crowley peeked into the front room quickly. "Oh, there's nothing here. Shame. Let's go."

"Hey!" Dean hissed. "Man up and start looking, okay? We don't have that much time." He looked around the living room and noticed a photograph on the mantel. He picked it up to look closer; it was an old picture of a woman. The name 'Colette' was printed across the bottom. As Dean looked closer, he saw that she was wearing a ring similar to the one he had noticed Cain had on earlier.

"Nothing. Not even porn." Crowley complained.

"Think I figured out why he went off the reservation so many years ago." Dean said, handing Crowley the picture of Colette.

Crowley examined it. "Lovely. Little plain. Who is she?"

"Cain had a similar ring on" Dean explained. "Father of murder got hitched." They looked up as all of the doors in the house locked. "He's back. Come on." Dean led the way to the front door and tried to pull it open but it was locked. "Go!"

Cain appeared behind them. He noded to the picture in Crowley's hand. "That belongs to me."

"Sorry." Crowley said, handing the picture back. "Gorgeous, by the way."

Headlights flashed from outside. Dean walked to the window and peeked out. About six demons stood in the driveway, examining the house. "I don't suppose they're with you." he asked.

"No." Cain replied sharply.

One of the demons raised his voice so it could be heard inside. "I guess we can't wait any longer. Your friend Tara was very helpful! Got downright chatty...after I peeled all her skin off. We don't want any trouble, Cain. Just want the so-called King and the Winchester. I got a new master to impress, and I'm betting bagging those two will do just that."

Dean turned to Crowley incredulously. "'Master'?"

"Abaddon." Crowley explained. "This lot all need to die. I count--"

"Too many." Dean interrupted, turning to Cain. "The whammy you put on the door to keep us in; will it keep them out?"

"For now."

Dean nodded. "I'm gonna barricade the entrances. Get ready for a fight."

"Well, good luck with that." Cain said.

"What?" Dean asked.

Cain scowled at him. "You exposed my home. You exposed me." He growled.

"Well, boo-hoo."

Cain looked slightly disappointed. "Brave, but impulsive. You truly have lived up to your reputation."

Dean scoffed. "I can't say you've lived up to yours."