- "Let me talk to Roan." –he looked behind me for a second- "It seems you have some explaining to do."

- "Me? Explaining?" –I scoffed- "To whom?"

I turned around to see a rather unamused Clarke staring at me and Ulger. I shook my head as I made my way towards her.

- "Are you okay?"

- "What are you doing?"

- "That doesn't answer my question."

- "And that doesn't answer mine." –she pulled me further away from them- "What are you doing with the Ice Nation's War Chief?"

- "In my defense, I didn't know he was the War Chief."

- "Now you know." –she glanced over my shoulder at Roan and Ulger before lowering her voice- "Roan has told me his army is not loyal to him."

- "And how exactly did he plan on overrunning Arkadia?" –I had to laugh.

- "He wanted to kill us both and gain their trust, just like Echo suggested."

- "He listens to Echo now? The King does as the spy wants? Now, that's just great." -I rolled my eyes- "Although it's not surprising considering their dumb idea of power being something that floats out of someone's body and their killer absorbs it; if that were true, you and I would be close to indestructible."

- "Well, Sam, you may believe that, but they don't. I offered him the Flame."

- "Wait, what!" –I yelled-whispered at her- "You're telling me he wants to kill us and you want to give him the only thing we can use to trade. I'm lost, Clarke, very lost."

- "I already gave it to him."

- "And...?"

- "I don't know."

- "Well, he needs the clans to follow him." –I turned around to look at Roan and Ulger- "I'd assume with the Flame he'll get that."

- "That's what I said; if he has the Flame no Commander can ascend if he doesn't allow it, he could choose whoever he wanted."

- "I hope that's enough to save both our heads, princess." –I smiled at her and she shook her head.

- "I hope so too. Now, Ulger. Explain."

- "I don't know. He's been saying he has an offer for me but has made no actual move on it; I thought it came from Roan but, apparently, I was wrong."

- "What do you think it could be?"

- "I don't know but I already warned him... last person who made me a deal, died."

- "I'm sorry about Sheda."

- "I am too." –I sighed- "I'm sorry for yelling at you, I know it wasn't your fault; Lexa protected you and you got A.L.I.E. down, that was what we came here to do. You saved us."

- "If there's anything I can do..."

- "Keep us alive." -I whispered as Ulger and Roan walked back to us- "So?"

- "We have a deal." –Roan looked at Clarke who let out a sigh of relief- "And you..." –he looked at me leaving the words in the air for Ulger to continue.

- "You're to join me."

- "Join you?"

- "It's time to explain my final offer: we let Skaikru leave Polis as Roan remains to rule here and as legitimate caretaker of the Flame until another Commander can ascend."

I checked on Clarke, who nodded letting me know that was the whole point of this, so I looked at Ulger and nodded too.

- "Where's the catch?"