- "Let me speak." –he turned his face to look at me, a somewhat reassuring but severe look on his face.

- "Whatever keeps me alive."

- "Silent people don't make mistakes."

He nodded before entering the room. I followed. People make mistakes by not standing up but whatever, I guess. Roan was looking out of the balcony with Clarke, who was untied and looked unharmed, standing next to him.

- "Sire." –Ulger announced our presence to Roan.

- "What's the meaning of this?" –Roan looked at Ulger, startled by the interruption, and then seemed to realize I was there too- "Jusheda." –he turned to face Ulger- "What are you trying to do?"

- "Sam?"

Clarke looked at me and made a move to come towards me but Ulger raised his arm in front of me, almost protectively; any other time I would have laughed, but Ulger had warned me about talking and my best guess was laughing was also off the table. I nodded at Clarke, trying to let her know I was okay so that Ulger wouldn't try anything against her and, seeing she had dropped her intentions of moving my way, Ulger lowered his arm. Wait, was that protective or possessive? Because I don't need the former and despise the latter. We're going to have a problem.

- "What are you doing with Jusheda?"

- "Roan, who is this?" –Clarke had a concerned look on her face.

- "He's my War Chief."

I almost choked on my saliva. Have I just started a relationship? A friendship? An alliance? With Azgeda's War Chief unintentionally? Wao, Sam, awesome move. I chuckled to myself at my own thoughts. That was unexpected, although it does kind of explain his fighting skills, I suppose...

- "Wait, Echo said your War Chief was dead." –Clarke moved next to him- "She said the command of the army had fallen on her."

- "She was wrong." –Ulger took a step forward- "The command of the army has fallen to me as the War Chief's second, not to that spy."

- "You knew about this?" –Clarke faced me.

- "No."

- "You trust him?"

- "He got me out of lockup; he's doing a better job than Roan at gaining and keeping my trust so far."

- "Your people shot me."

- "I tried to help you but I guess you were too worried whining about the bullet on..."

- "Jusheda."

- "What!" –I faced Ulger, caring very little right now about the consequences- "I tried to help your King and he decided the best way to repay me was locking me up to cut my head later if he fancied it." –I scoffed- "Which reminds me..." –I looked at Roan- "I want my blades back; if Echo has any of them, I'll gladly tear them from her cold body."

- "You don't like her very much, do you?" –Ulger had a smile on his face.

- "Well, I don't particularly appreciate her putting a blade to the neck of my people to threaten me." –I eyed him- "If you have a problem with me, you fix it with me."

- "I have an offer." –he announced, nodding approvingly at me before looking at Roan.

About damn time I get the information. Roan nodded and walked away from us, followed by Ulger and, since I thought the offer was in there for me too, I tried following them, but Ulger stopped me.

- "Not now."

- "I thought you said you had an offer for me; at the beginning, I thought it came from Roan but, seeing this... What do you want from me?"