entry 1

Dear Journal,

July 23rd, 2019

Hi, my name is Cameron Eliot Cane, but most people call me Elie. I'm an only child, but I had lots of fun in my younger years. I'm 19 now and I live alone due to my father being in jail, for murder, and my mother is dead. She caught lung cancer from smoking when I was only 4. She died when I was 6, and my father went to jail last year when I was 18.

It is the year 2019, and I graduated high school two years ago. My best friend, Janet Jane Jones graduated a year later. It's not like she needs it though, her family is richer than belief. Her parents run the largest oil company in the world. Mrs. Jones is the CEO of the company, and Mr. Jones is the owner and founder. They make more money than anyone else. I don't even know why she's friends with a commoner like me.

A little bit more about me is, I'm a cashier at a not so popular gas station. I have hazel eyes and red hair. My hair goes down to my shoulders due to me not cutting it since my father went to jail last year. I am 6'4" and as you can probably tell i'm male. My favorite color is midnight black, my favorite food is pizza, specifically pepperoni, and my favorite drink is soda.

Though my life isn't so bad. I have a best friend, a good job, and a crush. Not that he'll ever notice me though. I'm just another worker to him. He's my manager at the gas station. I'll never understand why someone like him work there. He could be a model for all I know. His name is Lucas Lucky, but everyone calls him Mr. Lucky due to his last name and he always seems to get the best of things. Yet, I've never seen him with anyone except our boss. She's a beautiful woman, but she's super rude.

Lucas is a total package though. He's sweet, cool, and amazing at everything he does. He's 6'6", has blue eyes, short, blond hair. He's considered a loner around the workers of the gas station since he never goes on break or talks to anyone unless he's telling them what to do. He's only a year older than me, but he's so mature. He never seems to do anything wrong. He's perfect in everyway in my eyes.

I know. I know, why be in love with someone who won't love you back? Well I can answer that in one simple sentence. One day it'll be worth it. All the pain I go through daily trying to gain his attention and failing. All the heartache I feel when I see him talking to females knowing I'll never match up. One day, yes one day, it'll all be worth everything.

Well it is time for me to go back to work. It was fun getting all my thoughts onto paper. I hope I see Mr. Lucky (Lucas) today. I also hope I get to see Janet too. We're supposed to be hanging out this weekend at my favorite restaurant, Poppy's Pizza. It is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see her. She's been gone for most of the summer with her dad, since she is going to run the business one day.

Sincerely,

A love sick idiot.