𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
LATE NIGHT CONFESSIONS 

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗❝ LATE NIGHT CONFESSIONS ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

WHILE THE LIBRARY HAD ONCE been considered Lydia's saving grace, it has now become the sole location in the castle where both she and James can find any sort of solace from the school's prying eyes.

Essentially, it seems to be the one place in which they can scheme freely without the added anxiety of others listening in - even if their occasional absences have their friends wondering.

If Lydia is being honest, it hadn't happened like that purposefully. It had simply just come to fruition, a simple mutual understanding that the library is their best accommodation. More often than not, it is James who comes sauntering into the room in search of Lydia who is already seated at a corner desk, far out of reach from Madam Pince and other studying students, engrossed in whatever homework has begun to stress her the most. Today isn't any different, as James for a fact that he will find the girl amongst the ancient books and rows of dust shelves and so she isn't at all surprised when he plops into the seat next to hers. He's pushed the sleeve of his uniformed pullover and the button up beneath it to his elbows, and his carried aura for the day, as always, exudes the same nonchalant and unhurried behaviour.

"So," he hums, "how was your elitist Slug Club dinner?"

Lydia pushes her textbook and the scroll of parchment she had been writing on away from her. "It isn't elitist. And you could have gone. I know Slughorn invited you."

James waves his hand dismissively. He rests an elbow on the top of the desk and nestles his chin in the palm of his hand. "I've got more important matters to deal with."

"Pranks and Quidditch aren't as important as you think, you do know that right?" she asks.

"That's debatable, Fletcher," he smirks. "Wouldn't want Slytherin winning the cup, now would we?"

"I'm sure you'll just hex their hair maroon and gold again like that one time in fourth year," Lydia points out dryly.

Unabashed laughter fizzles at his lips. He seems overjoyed with this sudden memory and looks appreciatively into the distance as if to bask in his reverie a little longer. "You have to admit that was a good prank."

"That's debatable," Lydia scoffs. "And I know you're here because you want to know if anything happened with Lily during Slughorn's party."

James looks at her eagerly, for once in his life willingly falling quiet to await her answer. Lydia takes a deep breath as if to brace herself before speaking again.