Chapter 57: 11 days

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like you learned a lot," She says knowingly and I nod. "Ariana goes to see Lexie all the time and I actually encourage it because it's good for her, she loves her arianators but she can only take so much and I like to surround her with her family and friends, it helps to relax her," She says as if she were a teacher and I were the student. I listened intently though. Joan was extremely easy to have conversation with, I didn't see her as an adult, she was like a mentor, someone who had been through life and learned it all, but came back to teach the younger generation about it. That made no sense whatsoever but that's how I saw her.

"Got it, I think you're really going to like it, also here is the guys' copy they didn't get a chance to stop by and pick it up so you can either mail it to them or give it to them when you next see them, but I feel like you will be seeing them before I do," she says as she hands me three copies of a CD. I smiled as I took them all and gave her one last hug before bidding my goodbyes to the both of them and climbing back into my car to drive back home.

I arrived home at around 8:16am I brought my tumbler in and rinsed it in the sink. I put the Jacks' copies of the CD in my room and wrote a reminder/note to myself to give it to them or mail it to them. I knew they wouldn't be up yet because it was still early for California. I decided to go downstairs and hang out with Jaxx for a while before Cameron woke up. I didn't eat a lot for breakfast because Cam, Grammie, and I were planning on going out to breakfast.

"Hey Jaxx," I said in my puppy voice as I came down the stairs. He saw me and he got up from where he was lying. A huge smile appeared on my face when I saw him. You can't not smile when you look at him he just lights up your world. He ran up to me and he jumped up. The nice thing about Simberian Huskies is that they don't shed. I let Jaxx out into the backyard and played a bit of fetch with him, despite being in a black dress and heels. Hey the best exercise is dancing in 5 inch heels, said by Ariana Grande. Or something along those lines. After about 30 minutes of playing with Jaxx I heard the back door open and Cameron came out. I stood up straight and looked at him. He was still in his pajamas which consisted of just sweatpants. He gave me a sad and remorseful look, like it was his fault we were going to a funeral today.

I slowly walked away from where I was standing and made my way over to Cameron. Once I reached him I put my arm around his shoulders and pulled him in for a side hug and just laid my head on his shoulder to the best of my ability. Cameron put his arm around my shoulder as well and we just watched Jaxx run around our yard, It was kind of like time stopped at that moment, everything was surreal all over again. We were just two normal kids playing with our dog in the backyard. We didn't have Nafians and we weren't about to go to our grandfather's funeral. We were just two teenagers, well young adults living a normal life.

But that's not the case,

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

Cameron came down the stairs wearing a nice black suit and tie. I gave him the same sad smile he gave me this morning when he came out the back door.

"Ready to go?" He practically whispered it. I nodded as I slipped the CD case into my purse and grabbed Cameron's hand as we walked to the car. We drove Cameron's car because I wasn't really in the mood to drive anymore.

It was only 9:00am and we were meeting Grammie at the restaurant.

When we got to the restaurant Cam spotted grammie and we made our way over to her. I gave her a huge hug, considering I hadn't seen her since it all happened. I sat down next to her while Cam took the seat across from the two of us. We were served quickly, probably because the waiters/waitresses noticed our all black attire and felt bad for us.

But breakfast was delicious.

We drove separately to the funeral, but even if we had driven together it would have been quiet. No one really wanted to say anything, for fear that they would say the wrong thing. I just wasn't really in the mood for talking.