Chapter 1

hellooooooooo. so i started another story. :)

i started this a while ago but i was debating whether or not i should post it here. because i mean... i dont have a title.. and the updates for this r pretty slow. this is like my... "im bored but dont feel like working on More Than An Ordinary Girl" story :P

soooooo. i hope u like it. :)

OH AND IF U THINK OF A TITLE TELL ME!!!! MESSAGE ME IF U DONT WANT TO COMMENT BUT I NEEEEEEED IDEAS!!! I WONT JUDGE U!!!!!!!! O.O

_______________________________________________________________________________

I rushed through the busy streets trying to avoid people’s eyes. I could feel them watching me. Some with curiosity. Others with pity. And some with disgust. This has happened many times before, but I still feel uncomfortable.

The crowd starts to clear a little and I smile to myself knowing I’m reaching my destination. I look up to see a small coffee shop with a cozy aura all around it. Too bad not many people know about it.

Entering the small shop, I hear the soft jingle of the bells on the door and the comforting silence around me. I see Josh, the cashier, sitting on a stool behind the register with a bored expression.

“Hey Josh!” I say happily. He looks up and smiles at me and replies, “Hey Rose. I’m guessing you would want the hot chocolate with extra whip cream?”

“You guessed correctly.” I take my seat on a stool in front of the counter and watch as Josh makes my hot chocolate.

Josh and I became quick friends the first day I came here. I was walking around the streets, trying to find something to do before I had to return to the orphanage, when I came across this shop. It looked abandoned, but still inviting, so I cautiously entered it. A boy sat behind the counter listening to his iPod. He had blonde hair and a dash of freckles across his nose. He looked about sixteen at the time, about five years older than me. As I approached the table, he looked up at me, surprise in his eyes.

He probably wasn’t expecting any customers. I thought to myself. He pulled his earplugs out and gave me a friendly smile and asked what I wanted. I looked up at the menu hanging against the wall. The first thing I read was hot chocolate. Thinking about the light snow outside, I thought about ordering that. But then looking at the price, I frowned.

“Nothing. I was just exploring.” I said to him, still frowning.

“Oh, did you just move here? From where? It’s probably a really big change since this is always so busy… Well everywhere but this café. This is usually empty. You’re actually the first...” He trailed off when he realized he was rambling. He mumbled a sorry but I giggled and shook my head.

“No I didn’t move here. I just never get a chance to roam around this busy city.”

“Parents not allowing you out of the house?”

“Oh… Um… I live in the orphanage a couple blocks over…” I mumble looking at the floor.

“Oh I’m so sorry…”

“It’s okay, you didn’t know.”

“So is that why you’re not getting anything?”

After I nod, he again asks me what I want.

“I can’t afford anything,” I tell him trying to be clearer.

“Anything you want, it’s on me. Just tell me what you want.” He gives me a smile. I can tell he’s not doing this out of pity. He’s offering because he’s trying to be a friend. My very first friend. That was five years ago. I’ve been coming to this coffee shop weekly.