ACT I

When I got home in my condo, I lied down on my couch and spread my arms. I haven't had enough sleep not because of my projects but I really have a twisted body clock. When I opened my bag to check my phone, I saw something inside.. Her calling card. Wow, If it weren't for her pretty face I can almost see her as a good snatcher. It had been days since our last conversation.

I get a closer look, it wasn't a calling card but a schedule. "Asher's Show at Met Museum this Sunday, 6pm. See you there." Was written on a black ink in a Queen of Hearts playing Card. Fair enough to make it interesting, I set my alarm to 5pm and enjoyed the rest of my hours to sleep...... When I got there, it was a rather dark and empty area. I entered on the backstage, since it was open, I peeked through the stained glass window, and was surprised to see a crowd waiting in line for this show. Is she really this famous?

"Obviously, yours wasn't a vip pass." A voice echoed at my back, and when I turned, I saw a woman wearing a jade green dress with red lips and straight hair. "Good evening." I said in modesty. She walked closer and kissed my cheek, "Nice to see you again, Francisco." She remarked. Things happened so fast after our encounter that day. We instantly became friends and the rest was history. "I thought you hated magic tricks." She sat down in front of a dresser and opened a bag full of make up. Then, she paused and looked at me. "Oh, no, no, continue what you're doing, don't stop on my account dear." She continued on grooming herself. After a while, she called my name and asked for help.. "Will you put this necklace on me?" Who am I to say No? "Sure,.."

I stood at her back, gathered her hair on one side and seems like I was revealing her flawless bare neck. I gracefully unlocked the necklace and put it around hers. It was a beautiful chain locket but I assumed it was an antique piece. She was looking at me straight in the mirror... Analyzing my face, I think. When it's already done, I don't know what my reflexes did but I instantly left a smack on her neck. Pressing my lips on her soft skin. She was surprised. "Francisco!" Her eyes widen but her tone wasn't a disappointed tone. I gave her my best smile, and afterwards she just laughed. "Lumabas ka na nga, you need to find yourself a seat there." She said as she raise herself from the seat and then, she lost balance but I immediately catched her. "Hey! Ash! Are you okay???" I'm concered. "Er.. Yes.. Do not think I won't be able to perform. I'm just a little bit drowsy because I just had medicine for colds." She explained while I assist her with all my might and escorted her until we reached the doorway. "If not because of this I will assume that you like me." She confidently raised her brows. There, she smiled again, and I felt relieved. "I told you this once and I'm telling it again, I don't fancy magicians." I winked. She just smiled and turned her back, entering another room with her props. I went back to the backstage door, and waited in line for the entrance. Yes, she really didn't give me any backstage pass.

After almost 30 minutes in the queue, I finally entered the Metropolitan museum. It was a different vibe, a museum was filled with chairs and tables, and a small stage in the center. The area had poor lighting, or maybe this is part of her show. I sat down somewhere far away from the stage, better stay here than to be noticed by her. I can sense that she will call me if she saw me. And I don't like that. Looking through the guests, they aren't just ordinary people entertained by magic, I can see familiar faces... There's this CEO, Company President, Managers, Head Coordinators of different business category. Why are they here? Is she this famous? I looked around once again, and oh.. This wasn't just a room full of big bosses, but also a room filled with my exes. What a small world.

"Hey, Francisco..." She kissed me on my left and right cheeks, her name's Samantha, a girl I spent my night with in Chicago. She was also my model for Vague Magazine. "Hi, Sam," I said with discomfort. And she's with? Oh, a 76-year old LuckyStone President. This woman had never become sluttier. Before I can say anything else, I walked away from the two. When I went back to my place, there was someone who was already sitting on my seat. She was wearing a plunging neckline and a backless black gown. Did I say that we live in a small world again? "Francisco Manalac....." Her name was Georgina, my real ex girlfriend. Atleast, I can tell that I had a decent one. She waved at me and told me to sit down with her. To tell you the truth, this girl was the real deal.