A Strange Mother and Daughter Trip

"Misaka? Excuse me? Miss Misaka?"

The voice of Komoe Tsukoyomi, the short 135 centimeter tall child-like teacher, spoke across the classroom to the girl with chestnut brown hair wearing a t-shirt with yellow hearts and blue shorts.

MIkoto Misaka was currently in the middle of eating a bento that she had bought at a store nearby for the school lunch hour. Sitting next to her, also in the middle of eating a bento Mikoto had bought for him, was Touma Kamijou.

"Ma'am?" Mikoto said. "Er... is there something wrong?"

Komoe rubbed the back of her head, as if not sure how to say it. "The head councilor called..and some of the Anti-Skill officers as well....you see... erm... how should I put this?"

Mikoto blinked. "Erm.. this wouldn't happen to have something to do with Natsu destroying something again would it? Cause you should probably speak with my Guild master.."

"Oh no!" said Komoe shaking her head. "Not this time.. But well...you see, your mother is parked out front. And she has a note giving you a week's leave of absence for next week.."

"Your mom?" said Touma with confusion. "Hey Mikoto, didn't you say your mom is taking a vacation with your dad to the bahamas for a few weeks? She can't be back that early."

Mikoto scratched her chin suspiciously. "Well... this could be some sort of hoax. But what would someone want with me?"

"Oh..er...she claims she's not that kind of mother, so to speak." said Komoe. "Erm... you might want to check out the window."

Mikoto and Touma looked at each other, then they walked over to the window of the school building.

"HOLY DRAGON SCALES!!!" Mikoto yelled.

A massive, graceful, beautiful golden dragon was sitting in front of the entrance to the school. A few Anti-skill officers were looking at the dragon with shock as she sat there quite serenely and patiently, as if she had been waiting there all day.

Mikoto rubbed her eyes and looked again... then she rubbed her eyes again... and again... and again... just to be sure what she was seeing was real..

"Th-Thundaarix?" said Touma. "That mom!?"

Mikoto just continued to stare, and then rub her eyes again. "I think there was something funky in that juice I drank this morning."

A little later, Mikoto walked out of the school building with Touma following close behind. Another girl who looked just like Mikoto, only she was wearing a Doraemon T-shirt, a blue skirt, and a high tech looking eyepatch followed as well.

"So this is a dragon." said Mikaris. "I have never seen one that wasn't Dravis or his strange Etherial Wyrms..."

"Hello daughter." said Thundaarix looking down at Mikoto. "You look quite well."

"Er..yeah. Thanks mom.." said Mikoto. "Erm, is there any particular reason you're um...?"

"Here in Academy City causing apparent mass shock and surprise by the fact there is a live dragon here?" finished Thundaarix with humourus sparkle in her eyes. "Well.. I thought it would be more proper to communicate with you in person then through Mindspeak as I have done in the past. Especially since I am here to declare a most momentous occasion."

"Right!" said Mikoto. "momentous occasion! Sure! Er... I have no idea what you're talking about...sorry."

"Oh don't worry, humans aren't exactly familiar with the rituals that go with our culture." said Thundaarix. "But it won't that much of an issue. At about 15 years of age, my family takes a traditional journey back to the original homeland of our Dragon family's birth where you undertake a traditional rite of passage. However, I was unable to take you on your 15th birthday due to complications such as Dravis and Hydra Head."