That's kind of a big thing to leave out...

Start from the beginning

"Forget I said anything!"

The teacher walked into the room and called everyone to attention. I gave Ann a desperate look but she just smirked, telling me silently that I'd have to wait until after class to get the information I so desired.

I mentally groaned and turned around in my seat.

~ time skip brought to you by your mom haha how original- *i get shot on sight* ~

Shinjuku. That's where Ann said (Y/N) would be tonight. Of course, I hopped the first train I could and arrived at around 17:00.

The doors shut behind me and I took off, my long strides taking me up the subway stairs and into the city. It was somehow even hotter in Shinjuku and I had to wonder why she had to see Chihaya so badly. I doubt I'd have voluntarily gone to this place had it not been for her.

Shinjuku wasn't a place many young girls or boys should go. I uncomfortably eyed the two men on the corner. They'd approached me a couple of times before but today they hadn't noticed me yet, thank God. I shivered absentmindedly at the memory.

My legs automatically took me over to the fortune telling stand. I'd been there many times already and was good friends with Chihaya now. As I neared, I could see the two of them talking amiably, laughing every now and then. (Y/N) had a nice smile. I fought down a blush at how weird I was being. I faltered. Speaking of weird, doesn't this count as stalking?

She won't be weirded out, will she?

I suddenly remembered how she reacted the first time she saw me. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I didn't want to scare her off before even getting to introduce myself.

Ann's face came to mind. "Don't worry. I know she likes you." Ann wouldn't lie to me, right? We've been friends for a while now and being part of the Phantom Thieves creates a kind of hard-to-break bond of trust, right? Right?

I shook off my insecurities. What kind of confident leader was I? If I could take down corrupt politicians and dirty criminals, I could talk to a girl.

I nodded to myself and continued walking.

Chihaya was the first to look up. She wouldn't mind. I hope. "Hey!" I started, waving at the two.

She smiled up at me. "How are you, Kurusu?"

"Good, good. You?" I spoke awkwardly, my words obviously forced.

Her smile grew at my unease. "The same. I don't suppose you came for another reading?"

I gulped. "I actually came to see if I could talk to (Y/N). A friend of Ann's is a friend of mine." I attempted weakly.

Of course, Chihaya saw right through my lie and grinned as though she knew something I didn't. "Go get her, loverboy." she winked and turned to (Y/N). She said something in English and left the table. English, again? She's really practicing that language, huh? I guess immersion is the best way to do it.

I turned to (Y/N) to see a look of frantic confusion on her face as she watched Chihaya leave. Ann's face came to me again. "Keep in mind she's really shy. You have to be slow with this one." I took Chihaya's seat and smiled kindly at her.

Her eyes met mine and I was suddenly struck with how pretty they were. I was silent for a beat too long and her confusion only grew during that time.

I startled myself out of my trance. "Right! Um, hey!" I cringed.

"Hi?" she said, but it sounded more like a question. Even her voice is pretty oh wow.

"I'm Akira, Ann's friend. She said that I should start talking to you because she thinks we'd be good friends. I'm sure she's told you something along those lines." I smiled easily, feeling my natural inner confidence take the reins.