Chapter 2

A couple of years had passed and both Kirishima and Mina were now teenagers and Kirishima had dyed his hair red like his hood since he didn't want to remember is weak self that couldn't even hunt a deer. Mina didn't really use her pink cloak anymore unless it was winter time or when she went into town to sell some of the things they hunted. Kirishima continued to wear his red cloak no matter what time of the season and everyone recognized him as Red Riot Hood. Fatgum no longer hunted with the two of them anymore and simply helped Mina with selling the meats and furs of the animals they hunted. Kirishima told Mina that he was going to go into the forest to go hunt some rabbits and maybe two deers. Mina told him to be careful and reminded him to stay out of the wolves' territory. Kirishima nods and got his crossbow before leaving the cabin. He went into the forest and killed a couple of rabbits putting them in his shoulder bag and searched around for a couple more rabbits. But as he searched for more rabbits he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him and Kirishima quickly turned holding his crossbow at the ready. His eyes widened as he saw a large bear stand up straight in front of him. He was about to shoot one of the arrows at the bear but the bear swiped his paw at Kirishima knocking the crossbow out of his hands. Kirishima knew that he had to get to his weapon if he was going to survive but as he ran to where his crossbow was the bear swiped his paw at Kirishima hitting him into a nearby tree. Kirishima was dazed since the back of his head hit the tree hard and laid at the bottom of the tree in pain. The bear came charging at Kirishima and he closed his eyes getting ready to feel the pain of the bears claws but opened his eyes as he felt something large go over him. His eyes widen as he saw it was a very large blonde wolf standing over him protectively and snarled at the bear causing the bear to stop in his tracks. The blonde wolf took a step forward growling at the bear and it looked like the wolf was actually protecting kirishima. The bear looked at the wolf and soon turned around walking away. Kirishima slowly sat up as the wolf turned to him and before he could say anything the wolf pounced on him but as the wolf jumped a puff of smoke appeared around the wolf. Kirishima found himself being pinned against the floor but instead of pawed holding him down it was and actual hand. He looked at the male on top of him and was amazed that the wolf had turned human. "A bear! Really you had to be attacked by a stupid bear! Are you really as dumb as your hair to not know that this area is where the bears have been coming to get their food and you come walking in with a bag full of dead rabbits!" He said angrily and grabbed Kirishima's face roughly causing Kirishima to instinctively grab the male's wrist. "I-I'm sorry I normally don't come to this side of the forest but all the rabbits were coming here and we were running low on rabbit meat so I followed them." Kirishima tried getting the male to let go of his face. The male still looked annoyed but forced Kirishima to sit up and Kirishima leaned against the male still feeling a bit dizzy from hitting the tree. "Besides your shitty head what else hit the tree when the bear hit you." Katsuki said as he examined the back of Kirishima's head. "My back hit the tree pretty hard." Kirishima said and didn't move when he felt the other lift up his shirt. "It's not broken but it looks like you bruised it." He said and Kirishima looked at him. "Um thank you for saving me from the bear." Kirishima looked at the male and when their eyes met he felt a connection remembering this feeling when he was little. "Are you the the wolf I met in the forest when I was little and fell in that ditch." He asked moving a bit closer to him trying to figure out if he had met this male before. Katsuki looked at Kirishima in the eyes as well but quickly shoved Kirishima away from him. "I don't know what you're talking about! Now get out of this forest and for being an idiot I'm taking half of the rabbits you hunted." He said grabbing three of the rabbits out of Kirishima's bag and before Kirishima could say anything Katsuki turned back into his wolf form running off into the forest. Kirishima sighs and stood up carefully walking back to the cabin with the three rabbits he had left. He asked Mina to help him treat his injuries and told her what happened. However, left out the wolf remembering hearing from other hunters that if a blonde wolf was spotted then they needed to kill it since that wolf was killing other hunters.