The Freedom Fighter

Start from the beginning

Tommy had his white cover in his hands as he turned around to see the five feet of fury all dressed up, just for him.

Tommy: Wow.

Alexa: You look handsome Tom.

Tommy: Special occasions only.

She giggled and straightened his ribbons, he handed her his only Medal to put on him.

Tommy: Here, it's my only pin.

Alexa: What's this for?

Tommy: It's my Honorable Service Medal, would you like to put it on before I button up?

Lexi smiled and nodded her head as she slowly put it through his uniform and fastened it, Tommy then buttoned up his uniform and gave her his cap.

Tommy: Deep sigh* Ready?

Alexa: Are you ready?

Tommy: Let's hope.

He held her hand and both walked out of there hotel room, walking down the hallway; Lexi took a picture of their hands holding. She made it her backround and was happy as they went down to the lobby and into their rental car.

Lexi started to drive to the venue where the celebration was being held.

1 hour later*

Tommy was awarded his Medal of Honor in front of his old squad mates, a couple of his old recruiters and the rest of the new upcoming soldiers.

During the dinner, Tommy and Lexi were joined by Pete, one of the guys from his old squad.

When the ceremony was over, Lexi ran up to Tommy and gave him a big hug; Tommy picker her up and spun her around

Pete: Well if it isn't Tommy "Train".

Tommy: Hey Pete! Long time no see asshole.

They both laughed and Lexi was confused on the interaction between the two.

Pete: Yeah, its been a while. Hey what do you do now?

Tommy: I wrestle.

Pete: Like WWF?

Tommy: More WWE now.

Pete: Wow, that's great man.

Tommy: Living the life, so what do you do now?

Pete: I own a construction company, then I'll privately do contracting.

Tommy: Wow, seems like you're pretty busy.

Pete: Yeah, the wife and kids keep my schedule full.

Tommy: Wait, kids? Wife?

He laughed and grabbed his phone out to showed both Lexi and Tommy pictures of his family.

Tommy was happy for his old friend as they continued to catch up.

Pete: And who's this?

Tommy: Oh my god, I forgot to introduce you two; Pete this is Lexi, my girlfriend.

Pete: Nice to meet you.

They shook hands and Lexi grabbed his hand and they held each other as the stories started to pour out as they were getting ready for lunch.

Pete: Do you remember the time in the middle of Baghdad?

Tommy: That scared the shit out of me.

At this time Tommy had his arm around Lexi and a group had formed a circle surrounding Pete and Tommy, just to hear stories since most of the men were rookies that just graduated.