Chapter Two

• Dedicated to katdrake2 and xxsmileyrainbowxx

[A/N:] I dedicate this chapter to katdrake2 and xxsmileyrainbowxx. Thank you so much again!

 New Version of Chapter Two

           I woke up the next day earlier than I had expected but instead of lazing around in the bed for a few more minutes, I got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided to cook sausages, scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. I looked through the cupboards for plates, utensils, glasses, and pitchers. I had a hard time figuring out that I had to press for it to open. Damn, I am getting stupider by the minute. Then, I remembered that I didn’t have extra clothes and that thought made me frown. What should I wear? Bad luck was on my side because the Alpha walked in and saw me frown. I wonder why he’s up so early.

           “I don’t have clothes,” I told him timidly while looking down, finding my unclean nails interesting all of a sudden. Gah! He could be my breakfast right now!

           “Greta!” he called out while eyeing the scrubs I was wearing. I turned red with embarrassment  The girl called Greta appeared a few moments later. I figured that she was also like me but she was wearing casual but presentable clothes. Well, I think I’m wearing old table cloth or something.

           She was looking down at her feet to show her submission to the Alpha before us, “Did you need anything, Alpha?” She seemed very nervous and was fiddling with her nails. Wow, get a grip.

           “Go get some clothes for her,” he snapped. Psh. Such a grumpy, kid. He turned to glare at me, “What?”

           I shrug at him, smiling mysteriously, “Nothing.” I bit my lip to stifle a small chuckle that was threatening to escape my lips. Then, I turned to the petite girl, Greta, and looked at her expectantly.

           She nodded at her Alpha respectfully and turned to me, “Follow me, please.”

           We walked out of the kitchen and into the same hallway as my room. She led me into what I assumed was her room; it was just beside mine. She caught sight of my door and gape at it, “What happened?”

           “Don’t know.” I brushed her question off, which was rude. I know.

           She made her way towards a small closet and get a pair of clothes out. She smile at me kindly as she handed it to me. Maybe, I can make a friend during my stay. Well, that depends if I am going to act like an insensitive bitch or not.

           “Uh. Thank you,” I thanked her awkwardly. I wasn’t really a fan of showing gratitude towards people. I wasn’t able to give it to anybody anyway.

           She gave me a small smile in return, “Are you the rogue yesterday?” She sat down on her bed, playing with a snow globe.

           “You could say that.” I whistled and look around her room, noting that it was like mine’s but there were a few pictures put up here and there.

           “So, are we friends now or what?” she chuckled lightly, but I could tell that there was an unmistakable longing you would find in her eyes. Longing for company or a friend.

           I don’t really know if I should let myself get attached with someone if I am planning on escaping here. Well, it couldn’t hurt anyway, right? “I guess?”

           She just shook her head in mild amusement and wonder, “The bathroom’s across from my room. You have everything you need there.”