Ch. 15 Who's Jealous Now?

Rain's POV

I slumped my shoulder, closing my locker door with my head and my backpack falling onto the ground. This. Day. Sucks. Lollipops. 

Aimi came skipping past me, humming her favorite song, probably not seeing me sulking and crying in my lonely, purple aura filled corner. She opened her eyes and skipped backwards, "Uh... Rain? Is that you?"

"Rain isn't here at the moment... Please leave a message after the beep. Beep," I mumbled. Aimi crouched down then getting on her legs and sitting in front of me, giving me a smile.

"Aww. What's wrong, bud bud?" she poked my cheek with a straw. I slapped it away in surprise. 

"Where the heck did you get a straw?!" she shrugged and put it in her front backpack pocket. I sighed and pouted.

"Stop pouting, you big baby and get up! Come on, now," she said sternly. She got up, her hair falling down her shoulder. Her eyes shone with joy. I got up painfully and slow, making her impatient. I heard quick footsteps behind us and I found my self falling towards the floor and felt this pain on the back of my head, but someone caught me in their arms. I looked up and saw the most mesmerizing gray eyes I've ever seen. Sandy blonde hair falling over his eyebrows and slightly over his eyes. Oh mama.

"You okay?" he smiled. I nodded and got up.

"Thanks," I rubbed the back of my head and smiled sheepishly. He rubbed the back of his neck and bent down to grab a football.

"Sorry 'bout that."

"It's okay."

He put his hand out, "The name's Jake. Yours?"

"Rain. That's my friend over there," I pointed behind me to see Aimi with her cheeks pink and eyes glittering, "...Aimi..."

"Huh? What? Oh hey there! Aimi I'm! What?" She tilted her head and looked off to the side, "Ummm..."

Jake chuckled, "Jake." Aimi nodded and walked away, swiftly and not looking back, "So, Rain. I'm pretty sure I have you in Language Arts?"

I nodded, "And Math."

"Cool. So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He bit the inside of his cheek and patted his football.

"Sure. See ya later!" I waved him goodbye and Aimi came running back.

"What he say? What I do? What I wear?!" she began on blabbering questions and stopped when I rested my hand on her shoulder, I looked her in the eye.

"Aimi... Do you like Jake? Or at least think he's cute?"

"Whaaattt? Psh! Nu uh. Girl you trippin!" She waved me off and bumped into someone with an 'oof'! "Oh hey Kai! How ya doin, boy???"

"Who's Jake?" He glared down at me as he towered over me. 

"U-Uh... I got hit in the head with a football and he may or may not have caught me?" I flinched when he growled. Sexy, but scary.... Well, today's the last day for Jake!

His eyes darkened, but soon glowed that soft color and his hand was instantly on my cheek and chin, holding my face up so I was looking at him. His eyes filled with concern as he observed my face and head, "Aww my poor raindrop! Are you okay?! Did it hurt?! Who did it?! I'll kill 'em!"

"I yam yoway..." I muffled when his hands cupped my cheek making my lips pucker. He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Good. Let's go home now, alright?" I nodded.

"Yo, Rain! You forgot something!" I turned around and saw Jake with his hands on his knees and breathing heavily. Kai glared and wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer tightly, "Here's your notebook." He handed me my dark purple notebook and looked at Kai, furrowing his eyebrows, "Who's this?"

"This is-"

"My name's Kai. Rain's boyfriend," he smirked. 

"Name's Jake."

"Oh, so you're the one who hit Rain on the head, eh?"

"It wasn't me. It was my friend."

They were standing dangerously close to each other now with both their fists clenched. I rolled my eyes and walked in between them, slapping the back of their heads earning an "Ow!" from both of them. "You guys have just mert and there's tension in the air already," I gave both of them a flat look. 

"Well-"

"But-"

"No buts are wells! Now shake your hands and be friends!" I crossed my arms and glared. They murmered words and shook hands, "Friends... Now. And apologize!" 

They both mumbled, "Sorry..." and kept their heads down.

"Good. Thank you, Jake for bringing me my notebook back. Come on, Kai."

I started to drag him away, him wiht his face down and bottom lip out. I looked at him from the corners of my eyes and smirked, "Who's jealous now, huh?"

"Shut up..."