Chapter 10: Miller & Date Prep

"Rafe, that was a really cool drawing up there. I gotta say, I'm impressed." Katelyn said as she walked up to him.

"Thanks. It was nothing."

"Hey Khatcha-drawian. I'm gonna roundhouse you in the face." Miller said.

"Miller, back off. Don't make me repeat what I did to your nose last week." Katelyn said, glaring at the blond bully.

"Do it." Teller said.

"Do what?" Miller replied.

"Roundhouse him. Roundhouse him in the face."

Katelyn looked at Teller with a confused look on her face.

Did he want Miller to beat up Rafe? she thought.

"Cause I don't think you can. I don't think it's physically possible to get your leg that high from where you're standing.

"Well..uh..." Miller stuttered.

"I know I can't. If I tried to do it, my groin would snap like that." Teller said, snapping his fingers.

"Of course I can. But I just can't do it now because, uhh... I forgot to renew the lethal weapon registration on my feet."

"Yeah, that's a bummer. I hate it when that happens."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

Miller picked up his backpack and looked at all three people.

"Gotta go."

"Okay. We'll rain check it."

"Rafe, we should go." Katelyn said, handing the boy his backpack.

"Uhm yeah. Thanks."

"We'll see you later, Teller. Thanks for defending Rafe." Katelyn said and walked out of the classroom, Rafe right behind her.

Teller nodded.

As soon as the pair was out of the classroom, Katelyn burst out laughing.

"Did you see the look on Miller's face? Seriously? Renewing a lethal weapon registration of his feet? Who was he trying to fool? A kid?"

Rafe laughed along.

"Rafe, I'll catch up to you later. I have to go drop off some books at my locker. I'll meet you in front of the trophy case?" Katelyn stated.

"Yeah. Course."

The pair separated and Rafe started walking down the stairs.

"Hey, uh, Rafe, that was some drawing back there." Teller complimented, pulling him aside.

"Thanks. It was nothing."

"No, it was very much something. What's a kid like you doing lumped in with all these other kids?"

"It's been a rough couple years for me. I lost my brother. Cancer."

"Oh, man. I'm sorry. That's terrible."

"You guys are making me a little nervous standing here. Remember rule number 34."

"Don't touch the trophy case?"

"Very, very good. See what a favor I did you, getting rid of that awful notebook so you can make more productive use of your time?"

Rafe was still very salty about the incident and slightly glared at the principal.

"Is there something you'd like to say to me right now?"

Rafe opened his mouth, but closed it. He was scared he might start venting and piss off Dwight.