[ Part Six ]

Sal's POV

I really liked walking with Travis to school. He was a lot more interesting once he came out of his shell. I told Larry I was going in late and to walk without me, but when I saw the way he was looking at me from the lunch table, something told me he knew it was a lie.

"What the fuck, Sal? What were you doing with Travis this morning?"

"Chill out, dude. He stayed over last night so I walked him to school. This is exactly why I didn't tell you, cause I knew you'd freak out." I took a seat next to him.

"Of course I'd freak out! You had a fucking sleepover with your mortal enemy! Our mortal enemy! He's been making your life miserable ever since you got to this town, and, need I remind you, he's been making my life miserable for years before that. Why'd you let him sleep at your house, Sally?" I couldn't tell if Larry sounded more concerned or angry.

"He's having problems at home, Lar. He's got issues, just like the rest of us. Give him a break, ok? He's not a bad guy."

Larry threw his hands up in the air dramatically. "He just punched you in the face! Literally like a day ago! Are you kidding me?!

I groaned, standing up. "Will you stop it? Just let it go, Larry." I walked out of the cafeteria, not really in the mood to sit and listen to Larry berate my new friend.

When I thought I'd cooled down enough, I made my way to leave the bathroom. Before I could even open the door, it swung into me, knocking me out my feet. I groaned, looking up. Right above me I saw Travis, looking like he was about to burst into tears at and second. He went right past me and into a stall. "Travis?"

"Go away." Great. He's in one of these moods again.

"I'm not gonna do that. What happened?" I walked up to the stall door.

"None of your fucking business. Leave me alone." Ouch. Thought we were getting to a better place.

I sighed and stepped backwards, sitting down against the bathroom wall. No way was I leaving him alone when he was like this. "Well I'll be right here when you feel like talking." I leaned my head back against the wall. I really wish Travis would keep being so open with me. It felt great to let him have at least one person in his life to talk to. Last night was like a dream. I closed my eyes, smiling. The memory was so fresh in my mind. It was so nice, peaceful even. I almost felt like it was drifting me off to sleep...

Travis' POV

School was okay for the first part of the day. I got a coupe stares, questioning glances. Same as usual. My teachers knew better than to ask (or maybe the just didn't care). The trouble came during lunch.

Before I knew it, I felt a hand on my back. I turned around, expecting Sal. Not what I got.

"Heyyyy Travis. What happened to you?" Larry.

"What are you doing?" I shrugged his arm off of me, moving away. I looked over to the table he came from, not seeing Sal in his usual spot. Weird.

"Just checking up on ya, Travis. I heard you been a little down lately." He wrapped his arm around me again, pulling me close so he could talk directly into my ear. "Is that why you had your little sleepover with Sally?"

My cheeks felt hot and I pushed away from him. "N-No! Leave me alone, Larry!" I stood to walk away, but he took hold of my wrist.

"Fine, okay. I'll leave you alone. But you better fucking leave Sal alone, Travis. I'm not buying all of your bullshit. I know your fucked up in the head or whatever but I don't trust you. Stay away from him." He suddenly let go, and my momentum of pulling away caused me to fall to the floor. I winced, getting up and practically sprinting into the bathroom. I swung open the door, knocking the person on the other side right on his butt. I looked down at them, tears stinging my eyes. I pushed past the blue haired boy and locked myself in a stall.

"Travis?" I heard the small voice outside.

"Go away."

"I'm not gonna do that. What happened?" I watched his sneakers come closer.

"None of your fucking business. Leave me alone."

I heard him sigh and watched as he sat against the bathroom wall, facing me. I was glad he couldn't see my face. "Well I'll be right here when you feel like talking."

I wanted to tell him, 'gonna have to wait there forever', but my voice felt like it would give out any second if I opened my mouth. So instead I just silently cried in the stall for half an hour. I sat there, feeling so alone (even though I knew Sally was still right outside), remembering all the words that Larry had said to me. I knew he was right. I was pathetic for thinking me and Sally could be friends. He'd never really be close with me. Not after everything I did to him. Maybe I should listen to Larry's advice and stay away from him. I wish I could. I just find it so hard to when I see him and-

My thought were interrupted by a quiet...snore? Either my ears needed to be checked, or I could hear Sal Fisher snoring outside my stall. I gently opened the stall door, trying to be as quiet as I could. My eyes confirmed my ears. Sally was asleep against the wall, small snores escaping between his lips. I laughed quietly, squatting down next to him. Even just sitting next to that dumb sleeping idiot, I didn't feel so alone anymore. I took a sharpie out of my pocket, scribbling out a message on the tile next to him. 'Thank you'. I repocketed the marker and left the bathroom.