08. 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘂𝘀

Start from the beginning

Gasping from the amount of energy Eszter held, the enhanced felt lightly weak and faint as her powers slip away from the bottom of the ship. Panting like she couldn't breathe--like as if her lungs didn't access any oxygen as the energy wisps away like a river. Knees buckling right underneath Eszter, and suddenly, she falls to her knees; her hands reach out to catch her. Tiredly, Eszter glances over to the figure that crawled over to her.

At her side, Peter was kneeling next to her, a hand on her shoulder with a look of concern shown on his face. Luckily, the enhanced was feeling fine, and she nods, assuring him that she was okay. Peter purses his lips because he knows that Eszter wasn't okay.

"You all right," Strange asks, helping Tony up at his feet.

The man stands up, nodding. "Yeah. That was close. I owe you one," Tony glances at the enhanced, who was trying to catch her breath behind him, still sitting on the floor. "You good there, half-pint?"

Eszter lazily looks up, offering the man a smile as she manages to nod. She waves her hand tiredly. "Yeah, just gotta . . . catch my breath."

Peter glances up from beside Eszter, worried. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

Tony gives the boy a strict glare. "I do not want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip," Eszter would laugh if she weren't so tired. "You understand?"

Peter quickly defends by adding. "I'm trying to say that something is coming," he crawls up to his feet, leaving Eszter side briefly as he nears Tony and Strange.

Eszter sensed something. She wasn't sure what it was, but it was like the air had shifted, and she could feel another presence--in fact, it was more than just one. However, Eszter didn't have the chance to voice out her thoughts when a metallic ball thumps inside the ship, rolling just past her and in the middle of the group; it explodes.

The force of the small gravity bomb forces the three men through the air, only a few feet, until they collided back onto the ground. Eszter didn't have time to form a force-field as her body slid backward until her back hits a broken piece of metal.

Eszter gasps in pain but quickly flicks her hair out of her face, glaring at the gaping hole on the side of the ship.

Entering the broken ship, three intruders stride in, but the person in the middle seemed to stand out than the others. Eszter's brows furrow as she tilts her head, her green eyes staring back at the metal mask and the glowing red eyes concealing the man's identity. However, he had two unfamiliar guns in his hands. Those don't look normal.

Aliens? It's possible, considering an alien invasion happened in 2012.

"Thanos!" A man covered in red linings shouts out in anger, his arm thrown out as two blades flew from his grasps.

Eszter's eyes widen as she sees the blades rushing towards her friend, which Strange had luckily stopped by creating his force-field. The creature-like man yells out--a battle cry if you will. Eszter looks at him with confusion and a bit of horror. All she could think is they were with Thanos, here to collect the Stone.

Strange thrusts his shoulders as the Cloak of Levitation shoots off from his shoulders and towards the creature, wrapping around his head and dragging him to the ground.

Then, the man with the red glowing eyes points his guns towards the weak girl, using her weakness as an advantage. The red-eyed man squeezes the triggers and begins firing at the girl, who instantly springs up to her feet. Eszter seeks shelter as she runs through the rubble, hearing the blasts whip past her.