'You.' Brooklyn laughs.

'Why?!' Travis acts offended.

' "he'll have me to deal with".' She quotes him.

'So you find me being protective funny?' Travis raises an eyebrow.

'Over-protective.' Brooklyn corrects him.

'But you get why I'm so over-protective of you, right?' He questions.

'Yeah.' Brooklyn sighs. 'Anyways, when can I get out of here?'

'You won't be discharged until at least tomorrow.' Travis tells her. 'Since you ran 30 miles in such a short space of time, without eating or drinking, your body needs lots of fluid and lots of nutrients and time to recover.' He looks at her sternly. 'You won't be doing that again, will you?'

'I can't make any promises.' Brooklyn smirks.

'Bryn.' Travis raises an eyebrow maintaining his stern expression.

'I'm only joking.' Brooklyn laughs. 'I just forgot to eat, that's all.'

'Brooklyn, if you tell me what's going on, I can help you.' Travis tells his younger sister. 'I don't want this happening again.'

'And it won't.' Brooklyn responds. 'I promise.' She rests her arm on her chest and winces in pain.

'You okay?' Travis asks, concerned.

'Hm-hm.' Brooklyn nods. Owen and DeLuca walk in.

'Hi, Brooklyn.' DeLuca grins. 'How are you feeling?'

'Better.' Brooklyn smiles. 'And I prefer Bryn.'

'She's got some pains in her chest.' Travis points out.

'No I don't.' Brooklyn shakes her head quickly. Owen and DeLuca stand on either side of the bed. Owen takes his stethoscope from around his neck and puts the buds in his ears.

'I'm just going to listen to your chest, is that okay?' Owen asks, going to place the chest piece on Brooklyn's chest.

'No!' Brooklyn exclaims. 'Go help someone who really needs it.'

'You need help too, Bryn.' DeLuca states.

'You've treated me for what I came in for so just go and help someone else.' Brooklyn says.

'Bryn, let them check you over.' Travis tries to convince Brooklyn to accept the treatment.

'Can you all just leave, please?' Brooklyn queries. 'I want some time alone.'

'Of course.' DeLuca nods. Owen puts his stethoscope back around his neck and walks to the door with DeLuca.

'Montgomery, you're going to have to come with us.' Owen states.

'Think about it.' Travis tells Brooklyn before standing up and walking out of the room with Owen and DeLuca. They walk back to the nurse's station. 'She didn't want to talk about the bruises. All she said is that it wasn't her foster parents.'

'Do you believe her?' DeLuca queries.

'I do.' Travis nods. 'She tends to play with her hair when she's lying. She didn't touch her hair at each.' Ryan rejoins them.

'He foster parents are on their way. They were at a conference about two hours away.' Ryan informs them. 'How's she doing?' Before anyone can respond, they hear alarms coming from Brooklyn's room.

~~

Thank y'all for ready this story and being patient with it! Also, ignore any mistakes for the time being as I typed this entire thing on my phone at it's 11:30pm!

What did you think? Let me know!

Much love