Chapter 9: A New Love?

Start from the beginning

"You're doing it again" I was brought back once more when Ricin poked at my cheek, giving me a cheeky smile while I huffed in embarrassment. I need to stop spacing out.

Vincent was quick to cross over from the other side of the room and sit beside me. Like a spoiled baby he grabbed me and pulled me to his side while glaring in silence at Ricin. Both were now locked in a heated gaze that I was already numb to.
"Alright alright, let's calm down. His Highness will be here soon so I need to get ready. Both of you, out" I said exasperated. Standing up from my cozy nook and pushing them gently out of the room so Angie, who once more appeared like a damn ninja, could help me get ready.
One thing I hated about Nobility was their frivolous excuses to get dolled up at any and every occasion. Sadly with Royalty it was proper etiquette, so I had no choice in the matter... just no heels.

Angie brushed my long bubblegum pink hair, the silky strands were incredibly soft now that I had created conditioner. I had no interest in selling it but mother overlooked its creation and export. She was well known for starting trends, and oversaw all trading in the Kingdom. This family was only getting richer... more to capitalize on?

Soon the engagement to the prince was going to be announced, this would be on my 8th birthday and my debut. Thankfully me and my new friend Ceil had an idea on how to avoid it! Ceil was not interested in me becoming Queen, and I agreed that I would make a horrible ruler. Yet we had grown closer as partners in crime... well, him recommending things on the sly and me going ahead with them. This was thankfully a death flag removed!

I made my way to the parlor were Ceil was lazily drinking my peppermint tea, inspired by Ricin. Ricin followed behind me as Vincent pulled out a chair for me to sit in like a tiny gentleman. I almost cooed, he was too cute.

"Rose, it's good to see you in great health" Ceil said, "I am wondering if your mother would be interested in selling this tea to the Royal family" He said, finally looking at me. Even at nine years old he was too beautiful. His face belonged more in a museum than on a child. I swiftly smiled, "She would be very happy to, sadly I am a failure in business but she is taking my inventions to the next level in her trade" I said casually. Vincent sat to my left at the tea table facing the window to the garden, the windows open allowing for fresh air in the parlor. Two maids, not including Angie, stood by the doors in the distance waiting for any orders.

Ironically, Ceil was one of my mother's largest business partners. He was always promoting my inventions to the Capital, as well as making my popularity rise. My tea was popular within the Elven population, while my food (brought from my past life) was popular amongst the Beastman population. My cosmetics which have all but replaced prior beauty products is popular amongst all nobles, as well as my poison antidotes which many nobles are now carrying with them on their person. My blue prints for the hammock were popular with the Dwarfs.

"So, what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked curiously, trying not to take note of Ricin purring against my leg which caused Ceil to lift a perfect eyebrow at.

"I have officialize a plan for this engagements desolution, of course without hurting either of our family's reputation" Ceil stated calmly, still gracefully sipping tea. He had my attention now. Despite this boy's perfect beauty and status, he came with too many negativities. The first would be the obvious death which awaited me in the future and the rest were the responsibilities of a Crown Princess and the Queen's training.

"That's great news, right sister?" Vincent spoke now, glaring at Ceil. For some odd reason, Ceil and Vincent were not on good terms. Well, more like Vincent was openly hostile while Ceil was amused. I had tried scolding Vincent to be more polite to Royalty, he disregarded it, mumbling incomprehensible insults towards Ceil. Despite the lack of possible companionship, I liked Ceil's presence in my life. He was intelligent in all things I lacked in, which worked as a great follow up for my incapabilities. He also openly accepted my true personality, which is rare in noble society.