DFH - Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

September 12, 2014

Dear Future Husband,

It has been 47 months since I had my heart break. I let other’s corrupt my thoughts and I suffered the consequences. I still feel the excruciating pain inside but what can I do to make it subside? None, because the only medicine that could cure this pain is J and I let him, my love, go…

Future husband,I do not know where you are right now. But wherever you are, I want you to know that I can not wait to see you.I want to meet you so that you’ll make this pain go away by your love, by your undying love. Please, meet me soon. Introduce yourself to me.. be it at the coffee shop near my home, in the park, anywhere.. I’m just so desperate to meet you, I’m so desperate to move on.

Waiting in pain, your love,

Angeline

“Anne! C’mon, let’s go! Otherwise, we’ll be late!” my bestfriend, Albert, exclaimed.

“Coming!” I replied as I try to finish the letter I’d been writing for my future husband. Today, we’ll be attending the wedding of his cousin, Summer. I am so happy for her because finally, she has found her other half.

She is so happy for this day and anyone could see the happiness she feels. Her wedding ceremony takes place in a garden alongside the lake. Rumors says that an aspiring singer will be singing in her wedding, accompanied by a choir. I always wanted that to happen on my wedding.

I better tell that to Al later so that he’ll be able to inform my future husband about that,’ I thought.

Everything was set when we arrived at the garden. I can see Gregory standing before the altar, waiting for his bride. We took our seat at the end row because I honestly do not know everyone in the ceremony. Al only invited me because his girlfriend is out of the country at the moment and he needs to bring a date.

“You will really pay for this, Al,” I whispered to him. I really had to look after my shop but he never stopped asking me to accompany him and so, being a good bestfriend that I am, I complied to his wish.

Albert smirked at me and said, “Oh c’mon Anne! It’s not like as if you aren’t thrilled by the wedding itself.”

“Who told you I’m thrilled?” I asked. I never said I was thrilled! And why would I feel that way, anyway?

“Nobody,” he answered, crossing his arms in front of his chest. “All I know is that since the day I invited you here, you started writing letters to your future husband,” he added.

Well, that was true. I know Summer personally and I know her to be someone with mood swings and she is someone who rarely smiles back then. But everything changed when she met Gregory, most especially when he proposed to her. It’s like as if she forgot the reasons why she was always in a sour mood back then. I then concluded that Gregory is the reason behind her smiles. He, her future husband, is the one who made her pains go away and probably, I thought, if I meet my other half, all the pain that I am carrying inside me will all go away.

My thought were suddenly interrupted by the ring of a bell, signaling the arrival of the bride. Then one by one, the flower girls, the ring bearer, the maids of honor and the groomsmen started to walk down the aisle.

After a while, the pianist started to play a very beautiful melody and a deep voice started to sing. My heart immediately jumped inside my chest, falling inlove with the voice of the singer.

“Al,” I whispered, “is the pianist the one who is singing?”

“Yes,” he countered. “He is a family friend.”

“I love him,” I said.

“What?!” he exclaimed.

“I love the pianist already,” I replied. “I love his voice. How I wish my future husband will have a voice like his,” I said.

“Then go confess your love for him,” he spitted out.

“I want to meet him, Al,” I added after a few seconds. Summer is now walking down the aisle with her parents on her side. She is wearing a beautiful white gown, but her smile is more beautiful. It is so genuine and you can clearly see the joy in her eyes. “Please, introduce him to me,” I added when my best friend did not answer me.

“Okay,” he said, defeated. “I will introduce him to you but I consider myself paid, after this,” he added.

“Deal,” I said with a huge smile on my face.

The wedding ceremony went well and then we transferred in the reception area. The reception was actually only a few minutes’ walk from where the wedding took place. The area was so magnificent but if I get married, I will have to add more flowers and I will take the pink napkins off the table. Im not a fan of pink, really.

“So Al, where is Mr Pianist?” I asked when we were done eating.

“Oh.. he’s somewhere around, I guess. He’ll be singing another song later,” he said.

I looked around and surely enough, everybody was so busy and yet everyone has a smile on their faces. Oh, I am so excited to meet him. I bet over my body that he’s handsome with that very beautiful voice, I thought.

“I think you’ll meet him now,” he said when the piano started to play. I really don’t know why we always choose a seat where in I can’t see the ones who are singing but then it is not a problem for me. I tried to stand on my feet and looked at the place reserved for the musicians and why shocked on what I saw, or better yet, on who I saw playing the piano.

I heard the laughters of my bestfriend beside me and I saw him smirk at me.

“Are you sure you’re in love with him?” he asked, amusement written all over his face.

I looked back at the stage and stared at the man. Really? Why does it have to be you? Why?, I thought.

“What the fuck!”

---------------

A/N: So here's another chapter, to those who happen to read this story, please comment and tell me what you think. Vote and follow me too if you like. I accept all criticisms, just don't go below the belt and be rude. I'm human too, y'know. Thank you very much.