Stop The Wild Thing: Yunlan

“You alright there, Shen Wei?” Yunlan asks, knowing perfectly well that Shen Wei is not, in fact, alright at all. The professor can pretend to be in control of his facial expressions all he wants, but Yunlan knows. He hollows his cheeks around his cherry lollipop, just enough to make Shen Wei’s ears redden. After all, it’s still early, and Yunlan likes having his fun.

Yunlan has been working at Shen Wei’s blood pressure steadily since, oh, the first day they met. The professor had been so visibly shaken from their first handshake that Yunlan’s curiosity had been roused. From the very start, he had noticed how Shen Wei noticed him, and how he seemed to lose his will to live whenever Yunlan sucked on a lollipop around him. Yunlan was already fond of those things, but seeing how they affect the professor brings him a new and unexpectedly deep appreciation for them every single time.

Right now, Yunlan has to fight the urge to smirk in satisfaction when he sees Shen Wei drink cold water. Despite his words of reassurance, Yunlan hears the breathlessness in Shen Wei’s tone and he has to dig his nails painfully into the side of his thigh to keep from pouncing on him too soon. He wants Shen Wei to break first. It’s silly, really, because he knows Shen Wei wants him, and he knows Shen Wei knows he wants him, and they’ve been dancing on the brink of this thing between them for weeks now. It’s not a matter of if , but ofwhen , and they both know it. Yunlan only needs Shen Wei to break first, maybe because there’s still a little voice inside his head telling him that Shen Wei deserves better than him, and maybe if Shen Wei makes the first move then the voice will finally shut up, because if Shen Wei chooses him then he can tell the voice to go fuck itself because no one tells Shen Wei what to do.

"Where were we again?" Shen Wei asks, and Yunlan seizes his chance.

"Have you not been paying attention?" Yunlan asks, and truly he deserves an award for his performance. Without breaking eye-contact, he sucks hard on the lollipop, watching Shen Wei watch his mouth. He’s picturing Shen Wei sitting exactly where he is now, wearing only the green long coat he gave him after the mirror girl case, legs spread apart with Yunlan kneeling between them. He would run his hands along Shen Wei’s thigh, scraping at the tender skin with his nails, and kiss the red trail up and up and up.

As he licks the sugar from his lip, he points the lollipop at Shen Wei accusingly. "You seem... a little distracted."

Yunlan himself is barely paying attention to the case, and even though there’s gross crime scene photographs spread on the table before them, his mind is far too occupied with thoughts of bending Shen Wei over that table to focus on the pictures, on-going investigation be damned. He’s a master in keeping his fantasies from showing on his face, though, and he can keep pretending to be wide-eyed and naïve for a good while. Shen Wei is starting to squirm a little on his seat, and he suddenly glares at Yunlan as if he is the source of all the evil in the world. Careful not to show his glee at Shen Wei’s little loss of composure, Yunlan raises his hands in defense. He’s been wearing his tightest shirts lately, the ones that have a tendency to ride up easily at the slightest movement, and today his preparation pays. As his arms go up, his shirt follows, and he hides a satisfied smirk when Shen Wei’s eyes travel down his torso.

He’s considering lounging on the couch with his arms behind his head to make the shirt ride even higher and show off his V-line, just to see if he can make Shen Wei choke, but Shen Wei catches himself looking too quickly and snaps his eyes back to Yunlan’s face. He’s showing all the outwards signs of arousal, the detective in Yunlan can’t help but notice. The dark, widened pupils, the elevated heart-rate showing in the throbbing pulse at his temple, the color in his cheeks and the flush of his skin, the way he licks his lips absent-mindedly, and yeah. He kind of wants to cut the chase short as he’s sure that if he makes a move, he’ll be more than welcome, but the anticipation has its thrill and he also really, really wants to see if he can make Shen Wei snap .