Chapter 2 : Hudson

The harbor was noisy and crowded; people walked everywhere, even though it was raining, but fortunately, there were a lot of trees, and people protected themselves.

 Hudson, a tall young guy from London, eighteen years old, also came to see the wooden boat, which he knew a lot, it was the same, he used to work for two years as an apprentice sailor, his parents sent him to America, at the age of sixteen, but the captain didn't allow him to leave the boat, so, after two years,  he broke away.

Hudson was hidden behind a red oak to avoid being seen by the sailors, so whenever a boat came to Savannah he used to rush to the port trying to get any news from his parents or who knows, see someone from his hometown.
He watched everyone leaving the boat, one by one, the sick ones, the children, theme, the women, the sailors, the captain.

  He saw Dickson, Judy, Jacob, and others; unfortunately, nobody would give him news about his parents; those people who left the boat might be from Leeds, not from London; he also glanced at Judy while she was waving back to the sailors, he noticed she was such a beautiful woman,  he thought  "she might love adventure, "  and he wondered, who is she? It sounded like he became interested in meeting her, but close to Hudson was an Indian creek woman; she was holding his arms, meaning she belonged to him; they'd met for the first time on a riverbank while fleeing from the captain.

Hudson loved that huge sailboat, and he knew that it wasn't built for so many people; he also knew there were some leaking problems inside it, he fixed them many times; his decision to leave the boat was based on these leakings; he was always afraid that it would sink one day

As the captain entered the boat, Hudson approached Jacob and convinced him not to go to the farm; he also talked to Judy and Dickson and learned that both were heading to Ike's farm as workers, so he warned them about the white slavery, but they didn't believe what he said.