{•Chapter Thirteen•}

Start from the beginning

*****
Capture Luis Sera

I have confirmation that Sera has entered the castle.

Why would he return during his escape leaves me to question his motives. But we must seize this moment and capture him.

We will get the other three Americans after we apprehend Sera.

It appears he took some vaccines when he stole our "sample". The vaccines we can do without but we must retrieve the "sample" for it is our life blood.

I feel there is somebody else or some other group involved in this whole affair.

If the "sample" were to get into the hands of that other entity, the world which we seek to create will not come. We must apprehend Sera as quickly as possible.
*****

"The vaccine must be what Luis dropped while searching for us. And whatever this "sample" is, they really want it back." Gwen accepted the paper from Ashley and folded it before sliding it into her pocket.

"We'll worry about Luis later. For now, let's see what this key unlocks," Leon said.

Fortunately, the key fit snuggly into the keyhole of a door they had passed and Leon turned it. The door opened and the trio stared down the flight of stairs. Dripping water echoed throughout the stone chamber as they felt a chill in the air. Leon held a hand towards Ashley as he walked down the stairs with Gwen by his side. "Stay there, Ashley."

Glancing around the prison, they saw only one cell. Inside, there was a man chained to the wall and seemed to be unconscious. Beside him was a lever. "Leon, we have to see what that lever does," Gwen said as she and her boyfriend stood in front of the cell.

"I'll pull it. You stay out here." Leon gripped his handgun tightly as he kicked the cell door in. The metal clanked against the floor as he walked over it to reach the lever. Before he could pull it, the man awoke and ruptured his metallic bindings with a booming roar.

Gwen ducked as the man lunged forward, metallic claws missing her body by a hair. She shot a few rounds into the assailant's chest, but he kept advancing towards her. While she distracted the man, Leon pulled the lever and exited the cell. Seeing the enemy's back, he aimed his gun and fired at the creature latched onto it. The man wailed as the creature shrieked, tentacles lashing out.

"Leon, we don't have time to deal with him!" Gwen shouted as she dodged another swipe from the man's metallic claws.

"Up the stairs!" Leon shouted as he ran past the adversary.

"Hurry! We can close the door on him!" Ashley yelled. Running up the steps, the door suddenly shut and locked. Safely on the other side, Ashley slammed her fists against the cold stone. "Leon! Gwen!"

"Damn it all..." Gwen huffed, slamming her hand against the door.

"We've got no other choice, Gwen. Right now, Ashley's the safest out of all of us," Leon said. "We'll take this bastard down together."

"Find any weaknesses?" Gwen pondered.

"The parasite on his back. Shoot it while I draw his attention."