But Seong-so was not really of his breed. He had the heart of an angel, he was caring, loving and affectionate towardsleople, always helping the one in need.

If it weren't for his royal mark, which was a tattoo of the royal emblem on his wrist; many would've confused him with a commoner's (civilian's) child. Despite being a royal child, he never really seemed to care about royalty, luxury and legacy.
He wanted to live a very simple life, doing what common people do.

When he was younger, Emperor Minjae and basically every royal authority despised him for not being king-like; as cruel and as ambitious as his father!

But after the battle of Seoul, everything changed. After the battle of Seoul, seeing more than enough martyrs dead on the battleground with ajar mouths and terror-stricken eyes, lying in a pool of blood,  with their intestines getting gobbled up by scavengers and the stench of blood and rotting organs polluting the air; the stone cold heart of Emperor Minjae melted,  and it was at that time when he understood the value of human emotions in life.

That's when he realised the importance of spreading love and peace and everywhere.

That's when he realised the value and need of living with harmony.

So when Emperor Minjae and Prince Seong-so arrived Caratland, Seong-so was on cloud 9. He couldn't contain his happiness for much longer and sprinted towards the cropfields, stretching both his hands, running as his hands cut through the air.. measuring distances by leaps and bounds.. enjoying the calmness of morning breeze as it hits his face.

🏰

Kwon Sooyeol had quite a really happy family. He had his graceful and kind hearted wife, The queen of Seoul - Kwon Baeyeon.
He also had 2 sons and 1 daughter- Kwon Jihyun, Kwon Ji-Yong and Kwon BoA. Jihyun was the eldest, followed by BoA while Ji-Yong was the youngest.
Despite being siblings, all of them were different from each other.

🏰

Kwon BoA was an introvert, insightful but fierce princess.
At first look, no one could tell that she once killed more than ten thousand soldiers when her elder brother was injured and the Emperor was captured temporarily during the annexation of Manchuria. But she was always immersed in books and manuscripts..that no one could ever make a guess if her bravery. The luxury and all the royals things were just not for her!

🏰

Kwon Jihyun was the archetype of an ideal king.

Wise and insightful,
Kind and respectful,
Strong and courageous.

Being the eldest loaded with all the required qualities of an emperor, he was an exemplary character in the kingdom. Be it the royals or the commoners,  everyone praised him. He was assumed to be the next king of Seoul. Although the king had 2 sons and the younger one, Ji-Yong was also a very strong contender for throne, there was something about Jihyun which people loved, which was his golden heart.

And the love and respect Jihyun was being showered with was intolerable to Ji-Yong.

He hated the fact that whenever the royal children went out of the palace, Jihyun received the maximum respect. BoA didn't mind it at all, as she knew her brother deserved it and she loved him to death. She was an introvert, but a kind hearted and caring one..like Jihyun and unlike Ji-Yong.

Ji-Yong never received the amount of respect Jihyun or BoA received, even though he listened a fake smile on his face and pretended to be kind and gentle, people still found something sketchy about him.
Ji-Yong wasn't a bit like Jihyun. His character was the antipodal of Jihyun's. He was

Cruel and Barbaric,
Clever and Cunning,
Over ambitious and jealous.
He believed in the power of lies and conspiracies.
He craved for just 1 thing - POWER

The biggest obstacle on his road to throne was his own elder brother Jihyun. Ji-Yong could do anything to receive the throne, even if it was staining his hands with the blood of his own hyung, Jihyun.

That is why, being the cunning self he is, he convinced Emperor Sooyeol to give him a fair chance to compete against his elder brother for the throne of Seoul as it was nothing his fault that he was born later but with equal capabilities as his brother. Emperor Sooyeol, convinced by his reasonable argument announced that there will be a competition between the two princes on the basis of various categories such as handling the people of the nation, decision making, intelligence, strength and bravery.

Ji-Yong could give a tough competition to his elder brother in every field except one..STRENGTH. It wasn't that Ji-Yong wasn't strong, but if Ji-Yong was a tiger,  Jihyun was a lion.

And there is a reason why Lion is the King of the Jungle.

Jihyun never minded competing against his brother. As much as he'd have been happy if he got the throne, he'd have been equally happy if his younger Ji-Yong got the throne, because he loved both of his siblings so very much, especially his younger brother. He thought that Ji-Yong reciprocated the love and affection.

But he was wrong.

Ji-Yong craved for just one thing -  POWER

and BoA knew something was wrong.