The glittering in her eyes made him smirk. He sipped his coffee, taking his time to savor the flavor. She narrowed her eyes on him, subtly shaking her head.

"So good."

She giggled, grabbing onto his jacket and pulling him in. He placed the cup on top of the roof of the car and leaned in, letting her kiss him. She pressed her boobs against his chest, she was going all out this morning. It reminded him of the first time they met in his office.

Scarlett always knew what she was doing.

"You're going to ruin me, aren't you?" He whispered, brushing his lips against her jaw.

She held onto him, "Depends."

He chuckled, pulling away from her. He grabbed the cup of coffee which gave him the energy to deal with Scarlett and opened the door to the car. He let her climb in first, catching a glimpse of a whole lot of thigh.

She was definitely going to ruin him.

He climbed in after her and settled in. While he sipped his coffee Scarlett grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together.

***

After work, he made sure Scarlett got home safe. He kissed her goodbye and then did the thing he no longer could avoid.

Meeting his parents to give them the news.

When he arrived at the house he was greeted by his mother who was excited to see him. She would no longer be in a good mood when he told them the news about him becoming a father. Emma invited him to sit down in the living room.

Dinner wasn't ready to be served yet, he honestly wondered if he'd even stay for dinner. It could be that his parents needed time to process it. He did take up her offer and sat down on the couch.

"Tea or coffee?" His mother asked.

His father asked him if he wanted something stronger. He didn't have to drive home so he could have something stronger. He still refused though. He needed to be completely sober for this conversation.

"I actually came to see you because I have something I need to discuss with you."

His father shared a look with his mother. They looked worried. There was no way they could have known about Dawn and the baby. His mother would have barged into his life if she did find out. He knew Noah wouldn't have told them either.

So he wondered why they shared a look like that.

"Oh, something good you have to share with us?" His mother asked.

He then understood why his father looked worried when he glanced at his mother. He wasn't sure if Emma could handle the news of him getting married to Scarlett. That wasn't happening anytime soon though. His mother still had time to prepare herself for the time he would come over to share the news of him getting married to Scarlett.

"Well, it's not exactly bad news." He started which made both his parents tense, "A while ago, before I met Scarlett I was together with a woman. Very briefly."

"Oh, God." His mother interrupted him, pressing a hand to her chest.

His father placed his hand on top of his mother's, giving her the comfort she needed. They figured it out already.

"She's pregnant."

"I need that drink." Emma turned to look at his father, "Straight, no ice."

His father got to his feet and moved to the expensive liquor stash they had to prepare his mother a drink.

Emma then looked at him, "Is it even yours?"

"There is no doubt about that." He answered.

Emma wasn't having it, "You don't know that." She continued, "You of all people should know by now that people do horrible things to move up in the world. That woman might be lying. Don't take her answer for a fact. Get a test done."

He wasn't even surprised his mother was thinking like that. It could be that Dawn was lying, but he doubted it. He wasn't going to push her to do that test now though.

"I'm not going to ask for a test right now. We'll have it done after the baby is born."

"There is no need for you to wait." Emma pressed, "You can have one done now without any risk. Just be sure about this. Don't let some woman ruin your life like that."

His father handed Emma the drink she needed. He met his father's gaze when Emma tossed back the drink without warning. She coughed which made his father place his hand on her back and gently rub it. Emma wasn't having any of it.

"I'm good." She said, casually brushing him off, "Don't you have something to say. You've been awfully quiet, James." His mother accused his father.

His father sat down, "Whatever you decide we support you."

He smiled, trying to hide it because he knew his mother would throw a fit. His father returned the smile and held up a finger when Emma wanted to tear into him.

"Lucian made up his mind, we should respect that."

"Respect what?" His mother asked, "That some woman is taking advantage of him. What about Scarlett?" His mother turned to look at him, "What did she say? Did she leave you?"

He chuckled, "Scarlett didn't leave me. She also supports my decision. As for the mother of my child, she hasn't been asking for anything."

"Yet." Emma muttered, "You'll see, she'll come and demand things from you once the baby is here. She'll ruin your relationship with Scarlett. Your assistant will be walking out the door soon. Your whole life is going to fall apart-"

"Mom." He tried to stop her rambling but he couldn't stop the woman.

He didn't want to think about how Scarlett resembled his mother at times. That was just fucking creeping.

"I don't think it's going to be that dramatic, mom."

His father pressed his lips together, trying to hide his smile from his mother.

"It's not going to be that dramatic because you're going to make sure that you have everything on paper. You make sure one of the lawyers draw up a contract. You'll be financially responsible for the baby if it's yours. You are not responsible for that woman."

"Mom-"

His mother glared at him, "Don't argue with me on this."

He sighed, nodding, "Fine, I'll talk to the lawyers."

She nodded, "Good. Then let's eat."

He followed his parents to the dining room. He was surprised at how well this went. His mother had a minor breakdown but he was still having dinner with them.

That was something.