September Moons and Summer Rains

"September Moons and Summer Rains

Kingdoms will unite again,

Rose of the south,

Born of Ice,

Mother of kings and queens,

Praise La Regina

Evening skies and morning light

See the sun rise in the east,

Always watching,

Always free,

Mother of Kings and Queens,

Praise La Regina

Cascading locks of ebony,

Stormy eyes hinder moon

Cold be thy lips

Warming me

Mother of Kings and Queens,

Praise La Regina"

The words swirled around the hall, touching the hearts of all assembled to witness the christening of Princess Sakaransis of Tanama. The words made little sense but moved them all the same. A small balcony led off the hall into the rains outside. Queen Kiara held her daughter up to heavens allowing the summer rains to hit the infant's naked skin. Cleansing her of sin. 

Tanama hadn't heard from the mainland in many years, not since before Rhaer, before it became Tanama. Few believed the kingdoms that arose after Rhaer would unite again into the once mighty Australia. 

Roses filled the gardens of the palace and were common place in the princess's nursery. Her elder sister Celeste having planted them as a tribute to their mother's late friend. Few plants grew this far south but the roses thrived and so will the princess.

As the water hit the infant's skin, frost particles appeared. Like her mother the child could create ice. A dangerous but beautiful power. 

Being a princess the child was destined to marry into another royal family. Only recently the King of Moransipar and the Queen of Miransi had a son, and in the far north the monarchs were expecting a child.

The haunting voice started again this time in song.

"September moons and summer rains,

Kingdoms will unite again,

Rose of the south,

Born of Ice,

Mother of kings and queens,

Praise La Regina

Evening skies and morning light

See the sun rise in the east,

Always watching,

Always free,

Mother of Kings and Queens,