recovery

Song of the chapter-be alright by justin bieber.

ARIANA-

beep,beep,beep.

Pain shoots through my head,what is that sound?Where am I?All I see is darkness.Oh,right.I force my eyes open,unwillingly,and am blinded my a bright white light.I hiss at the pain it gives me and close my eyes again.

Come on Ariana.

I blink a few times and let my eyes adjust.

Hospital,

"Oh thank god."I hear a sigh.

I look to my left to see Henry sleepily standing up and walking over to me,another figure is laying on the floor sleeping...Justin?

"Why am I here?"I ask,my voice cracking because of my dry throat.

He looks at me and smiles sadly,"Here,have some water.."

He hands me a white plastic cup with cool water in it,I take a sip of the water and let the cool liquid run down my throat.I put the cup next to me.

A nurse walks in smiling,she has short blonde hair and bright red lipstick on,maybe 45-50 years old.

"Hello,Ariana,how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine,why am I here?"I ask,wanting to know since i don't remmeber.

"What's the last thing you remember dear?"

"I was at the park with Justin and..And then he asked me something and I ran home and went into my room..And then...Oh.."Realisation hits me.

Do they know?

Did they find out about the cutting?

Did they see the pills?

"Do you mind if we have a moment?"The nurse asked Henry.

Henry nods and walks out,the nurse doesnt worry about Justin as it's obvious he is sleeping because his light snores are filling the room.

"Ariana,I saw the cuts on your wrists and thighs,don't worry,I didn't tell anybody.As far as I know,Henry thinks you fainted from stress,and those were headache tablets.You did faint from stress,but I know what those pills were for..Now,technically I don't have a right to tell him,it's your choice,but I think it's best for you to tell him."She says kindly.

I sigh,"I'm going to tell him,just not here,at home.Please keep this a secret."I lie.

She nods and rubs my arm,standing up,"so how are you really feeling?"

"I've got a headache,but that's it."

She nods,'I'll be back with some medication,I'm going to get henry to sign some papers for your release,so he'll be back in soon."She smiles before walking out.

I breathe a sigh of relief,thank god Henry didn't find out,and there's no way im telling him about my cuts.

"Ariana?"Somebody mumbles.

Justin,I forgot he was here.

"Yeah.."I whisper,

He stands up quickly,more alert.

"Oh my god you're awake!"He breathes a sigh of relief,"Let me go get a nurse."

"No Justin i've already seen one."I say before he walks out the door.

"Right.."He nods.

Well this is awkward.I don't really want to talk to him right now,not because I'm mad,because i feel really embarresed.As far as he knows,I fainted because of me denying him,he must think im so fucking stupid.I mean yes,that was apart of it,but cutting was the only thing keeping me sane,and i hadn't cut in days,so it all came rushing back to me.My parents,the hurtful words of the students at school,my self-hatred..My life,