"Run!" Peter yelled to them. "Quick! Quick! Quick!" Susan exclaimed. The four children and two beavers ran through the tunnel breathing heavily as their fright took ahold of them. It was only when they came upon a part of the tunnel that split into two separate paths that they stopped.

"You should have brought a map!" Mrs. Beaver exclaimed. "There wasn't room next to the jam," he argued.

Mr. Beaver then looked down the tunnels before picking one and running down it. The others quickly followed and Peter and Rosemary made sure the others were ahead of them before they ran alongside each other down the tunnel.

Mr. Beaver must've chose the right tunnel because they came upon an opening only a few seconds later. Rosemary let out a sigh of relief as they all ran out. As soon as she was out of the tunnel, Peter grabbed an abandoned barrel before placing it in front of the tunnel opening.

They heard a small yell from Lucy and quickly turned to see that she had fallen on what seemed to be a bunch of little rocks. Rosemary squinted her eyes and let out a small gasp, her hand flying over her mouth as she stared at the stones in front of her.

What she had thought to be only a bunch of rocks was actually a bunch of stone figures that made up what seemed to be different kinds of animals. her eyes flickered around the area and she felt her heart sunk once she realized there were even more stone animals. Rosemary had a feeling that these stone figures weren't for someone's yard.

It was only then that she realized the trees were silent, the air almost having an eerie feeling to it.

Rosemary looked to Susan who was standing next to her and they both gave each other surprised and confused looks. They then turned their attention over to the beavers who had walked over to what seemed to be a stone statue of a badger, a look of fear frozen on its face.

"I'm so sorry, dear," Mrs. Beaver whispered as she attempted to comfort her husband. "He was my best mate," Mr. Beaver muttered.

"What happened here?" Peter asked. "This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch," a voice said and they all jumped before turning to see a fox standing on one of the giant boulders in the clearing.

"You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed as he started to walk over to the fox angrily, but Rosemary quickly jumped in front of him. Mr. Beaver glanced at her in surprise. "What are you doing?"

Rosemary glanced back at the fox who looked to her in curiosity. "He's not bad," she said. "How do you know?" Peter asked. "I have a feeling," she told him before looking back to the beavers.

"Relax. She's right. I'm one of the good guys," the fox told them as he jumped down from the boulder. "Yeah? Well, you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones," Mr. Beaver said. "An unfortunate family resemblance," the fox muttered. "But we can argue breeding later. Right now we've got to move."

Mr. Beaver looked as if he were about to argue when the sound of the wolves grew nearer. Peter looked to Rosemary. "You trust him?" he asked.

Rosemary glanced at the fox, a feeling of utter confidence and belief in the animal washing over her. She didn't know why she felt that way, but it was almost as if someone was whispering to her that she could trust him. Maybe it had something to do with her being a protector. She looked back to Peter before nodding her head. "I do," she said while the fox smiled slightly.