I.

It was only a matter of time before people would start crowding around her, asking for stuff. As a response, all they heard was, “I’m only rank 3, I can’t give things.” Her response discouraged many of them, however even after then, they appeared to have forgotten what she had spoken. 

Who was this ‘she’ we keep speaking of? Ah, patience, readers. ‘She’ was the Empress, Kayden, or as her username said, ShinyEevee. 

A gentle aura exuded from her small frame, welcoming everyone around the kind empress. It almost seemed as if they were huddling in her accepting aura. 

        “I might not be rank five, but I can get Orlock or Wilf to give you anything you need, if you so wish,” whispered the rather timid empress. 

The crowd quieted down after this sentence was spoken by their beloved and well respected leader. They appeared to understand how her anxiety was acting up, causing only mere whispers to leave her mouth. 

Yes, the empress and her husband lived lives of mostly chaos, but within the mess that is their lives, at the very centre… There was peace. 

~

Kayden was a gentle soul, who never wanted to hurt anyone, unless she absolutely had to, of course. Armed with a blue lightsaber, a knight’s sword, and a gun, she was able to walk the snowy streets of iOldCP without too many guards by her side. 

        “I just hope I’ll be able to be a good rolemodel to the people,” she mumbled aloud as she walked those very streets of her land. One of the two guards who had been ordered to be by her side any time she went out happened to hear her. This one was named Itachi*. 

He paused, turned to the young empress, and taking ahold of her shoulders softly, spoke in a very direct tone: “No. Stop. Don’t put yourself down like that ever again. You’re a great person, you make a wonderful empress, and an even better rolemodel. Do not even try to fight me on this, and that is final.” 

All that he heard after his pep talk was a giggle, of which the empress herself was the one creating the sound. “You’d make a great Knight Captain, the ability to raise one’s spirit is very useful.” The tone of Kayden’s voice as of that second was playful and soft.  

~

It’s not like she didn’t want that pep talk, she needed it. Before that she’d been a little discouraged, much like how the people who lived under her control had been when she revealed that she was only a mere rank 3. Despite her title of Empress, she couldn’t do as much as a real Empress could. Her NoDeath ability was on at all times, in other words, she was literally immortal. 

Kayden and her two guards continued their daily walk through Southern iOldCP, where they had made their homes. The mood around them was light, friendly, and somehow that spread to the area they were in. Lights turned on in every house they passed by, some people coming outside to wave at their Empress as she walked by them. Of course, she would wave back at them, causing many smiles to appear all at once. 

~

The sun was high in the sky, and the trio consisting of the Empress, and her two guards, Itachi and Lock, had decided to head back to the courtyard of their home, we’ll call it a castle mansion for now. Upon reaching the gates, they were greeted by none other than the Emperor. On a daily basis, whenever his wife went on her walk with her guards, he would wait at the gates of their humble abode for them to return. 

He was slightly stunned as Kayden brought him into a hug, reaching up on her tip-toes to kiss his cheek. However, he recovered quickly, swiftly lifting his wife into his arms and pulling her into a real kiss. Much like always, her cheeks flushed pink, her timid nature getting the best of her being. 

I guess this wraps up the first chapter. It’s not as short as I originally thought it was going to be, so I suppose that’s a good thing. Plus I would still like to think that my writing has improved, so even if it hasn’t, please don’t point it out in the comments. This is actually something I’m very excited to be writing. 

Quiescence isn’t something I’ve decided is too much work to keep going, I’m just low on ideas for it at the moment, and so I decided to write this rewrite of Your Reign of Genocide, though I’m pretty sure I already mentioned that in the starting chapter of this story. 

Ahhhhh kiss scenes, I still don’t know how to write them, since I don’t have any experience in that field. At some point, I will be adding an editor to the story, so if you want that spot, just ask! You have to play iOldCP, though, otherwise you won’t know what the heck is going on. 

*~ No, it’s not the Itachi from Naruto, though he is a fan of the anime. His account is literally named Itachi on iOldCP, soo… He’s a close friend of mine, and in game he’s a Knight and a mod at the same time. 

Thanks for reading the first chapter, I hope you enjoy! Next chapters after this will be published whenever I have no ideas for Quiescence. 

Length: 2.7 pages 
Word Count: 920 words.