{•Chapter Six•}

Start from the beginning

*****
"Apparently, there's a religious cult group involved. They're called the Los Illuminados."
*****

"Los Illuminados?" Leon scoffs, smirking at the name. "That's a mouthful. Anyway, we've had an
unexpected run-in with the 'big cheese' of this village."

*****
"But you're both okay, right?"
*****

Leon glanced down at the woman who stood next to him. "Gwen's got some bruises, but besides that, we're fine. He tried to kill her, but he let me live... And he mentioned something about me carrying the same blood as them. Whatever that means."

*****
""Carrying the same blood..." Hmm... Interesting... Gwen, did he say anything strange to you?"
*****

Gwen bit her lip before answering Hunnigan's question. "He said I have cursed blood and would only prove to be a hindrance. Then he tried to kill me, but Leon stopped him."

*****
"That's even more interesting."
*****

Leon connected the pieces and now understood why Gwen was acting strange. He decided to end the call before talking to her. "Anyway, there are more important things than solving riddles right now."

*****
"You're right. Hurry and find that church, you two."
*****

After putting the radio away, Leon turned to face Gwen. "That's why you were like that earlier. You're worried about your blood again."

Not being able to hide her insecurities any longer, she nodded slowly and looked away from him. "Yeah. He called me a "vile creature." What else was I supposed to think? I mean, I've accepted the fact that my blood is abnormal, but acceptance still doesn't make me a normal human."

In complete silence, Leon placed his hands on Gwen's cheek and tilted her face upwards, forcing her to look at him. "You do realize normal is boring, right?"

The simple question was enough to make Gwen smile. A huff of laughter escaped her lips, her smile widening. "You really do know how to cheer me up."

"I'm an expert at this point. We've been dating for a while now," he replied with a grin. "I better know how to make you laugh and cheer you up or I'm a terrible boyfriend."

Before he could pull away, Gwen stood on her tippy toes and kissed him on the lips. It was short because she knew they needed to find Ashley as soon as possible.

<----------<<<<<<<<<<<

While Leon was checking the rest of the house, Gwen had found a bookshelf in a room adjacent to the living room. She bit the tip of her thumbnail as her eyes scanned the spines of the books. "They're out of order..."

The moment she started organizing the shelf, Leon returned. He found her and raised a brow as he saw her rearranging the bookshelf. "The hell are you doing?"

"Reorganizing this disastrous bookshelf..." She mumbled.

Leon rolled his eyes and looped a finger under her belt, tugging on the accessory and pulling her away from the bookshelf. "Hey!" She shouted as he dragged her out of the house.

The path leading away from the house had been blocked by villagers. Amongst them was a man with a burlap sack over his head, revving the chainsaw in his hand before charging at the agents. "Great, he's back," Leon growled.

"We don't have time to kill him or the others, nor do we have the bullets to do so. We'll run around them and head to the gate," Gwen said. The blonde nodded in agreement and they ran down the path, dodging the man with the chainsaw and the other villagers. They ran through the gate and down the path until they reached another gate. Leon lifted the wooden slab in order to open the door.