https://imseo.000webhostapp.com/2019/03/public-transportationd Part 1

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: , , ,

ation, public transit, or mass transit) is transport of by group travel systems available for use by the general public, typically managed on a schedule, operated on established routes, and that charge a posted fee for each trip

Travel like a local, they say. But if you're going to do that in Manila, brace yourself. You're in for quite a ride.

Taking public transportation within Metro Manila is unpredictable, to say the least. For first-timers, commuting around Manila requires a great deal of planning. You have ample of options of public transportation — MRT, LRT, cab, bus, jeepney, tricycle — but none of them guarantee a hassle-free public transportation. Manila has so much to offer to tourists, but the problem is getting from one destination to another. The simple truth is, like many third world cities, Manila is congested, polluted, and highly disorganized. Except for outbound buses, none of these options work around a fixed, reliable schedule. Traffic has been the biggest problem. And the rain can make matters much worse.

Take a deep breath, hold your valuables tight, and prepare your soul to be squeezed out of your body!

General Tips

Here are some things you have to remember before you start exploring.

Rush hours. If your route uses a major thoroughfare like EDSA, commuting during rush hours is not a good idea. These hours are from 7am-10am and 5pm-8pm, when students and workers go to work and school and come home. No, not even the MRT can save you from this. All train cars are so packed, it feels like Manila is about to go after another world record. As a rule of thumb, either be an early bird or go out at around noon. Lunch time is usually a great time to take public transportation. The sun may be a little too much, but there really isn't much traffic within this period.Rains and floods. Manila is soaked in floodwater at least once a year, and it's frustrating how this is still not addressed appropriately up to now. But all rants aside, citizens have learned to live with it. (Sucks, I know! Ugh, ranting again.) Here's the bottomline, if it's been raining heavily all day, chances are that the traffic has built up. Ergo, not a great time to hit the road. Of course, there are exceptions. But to be on the safe (and dry) side, wait it out.Pickpockets. It is also during the rush hours when evildoers are in their game. The crowdedness and discomfort might distract you from watching your valuables that you won't have them when you exit the vehicle. Keep your phone or wallets in your front pockets.

If these crazy hours catch you on the road, I suggest that you let it pass. There's a lot to do in Manila, anyway. Go malling, watch a movie, or kill time at a cafe until the main roads stop being a massive parking lot.