1| First Contact

You were sitting near the group's study table along with Ennoshita, Tanaka, and Nishinoya. Brief introductions were done a few minutes ago and it's about time for the guys to get back on the lessons. Ennoshita had told you which lessons the other two were having difficulty with and you simply nodded in understanding. Inside, you were feeling excited, shy, and nervous; all because of Nishinoya.

From middle school to high school, all you have ever done, aside from studying and doing club activities, was watch Nishinoya Yuu from afar. You never understood why you have fallen in love, of all people, with this midget; why, deep inside you wanted his attention. But, whenever you see him, you turn to your self-conscious and diffident self, causing you to stop yourself from approaching him. On the bright side, he'll never know your flaws, but he probably won't know you exist either.

But now this: being literally a few inches close to him. You're dealing with the pressure Ennoshita has placed on you in terms of tutoring the two other volleyball dorks, and the pressure of plotting how to talk to your crush. Your heart beat faster as you thought of a simple conversation, Noya's eyes and cheerful attitude, his smile, your appearance... wait – your appearance...?

You immediately covered the band-aid on your face with your hand and turned your head away from Nishinoya's direction. Instinctively, you felt him notice your sudden actions but that didn't stop you from hiding. After remembering your scar, your attention suddenly shifted to your clothes. A plain shirt and baggy shorts; doesn't speak much about your style, as if you have any from the beginning. You regretted not putting much thought to your outfit. Yup, you're starting to fall in the pit of self-pity.

Apparently, the midget upwards isn't the only one to notice your strange behavior, since you two are not the only ones in the room.

"Are you okay, (l/n)-san?" Ennoshita's question startled you.

"Eh? Ah, yeah I'm fine. D-Don't mind," you tried to sound alright.

As seconds passed, the struggle going on inside you starts showing on your countenance. As you stare at your notes, your mind continues babbling.

"Don't mind me? What kind of line was that (f/n)? Really now? Wasn't gaining his attention what you want? ...But not this way! I looked like an idiot! I want to be the person he like, not someone who weirded him out. I can't even control myself when I'm around him; what's the point? Before I knew it I was hiding from him again. Do I hate him? Do I not want to see him? Or am I just plain scared? ...No! I do like him! I know it; I feel it; I –"

"(l/n)-san!"

Ennoshita's loud voice snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Are you really okay? You seem to be spacing out."

You stared at Ennoshita for a while as if processing the last few minutes. After regaining your composure and convincing yourself that everything will be fine, you reassured Ennoshita and the others that you're alright. That fake smile of yours seemed to do the trick, as long as your eyes didn't meet theirs.

"Uhhm.... (l/n)-san."

The voice you've always wanted to hear finally spoke.

"If you're hungry, you can have some..." Nishinoya said as he hands out a box of chocolate-flavored pocky to you. He fidgets a little as his brown eyes avoided meeting yours.

Was he this shy around girls?

Before you managed to take a piece, Ennoshita started scolding the shorter male about eating snacks in the middle of the lesson. Nishinoya reacts back by reasoning how his stomach growls when he's thinking too much. As their argument continued, Tanaka, the guy with a shaved head and an energy on par with Nishinoya's, butts in and agrees with the shorter guy. You giggle as you watched them debate about the little things and they seemed to notice your change of behavior, a lighter aura around you.

You took a piece and two from the box of pocky Nishinoya had handed out to you.

"Thank you..." you muttered gratefully.

You bit the pieces and munched on them with delight. A smile spread across your face as your heart overflows with joy from Nishinoya's small actions. This time, the smile is truly genuine.

Notice me... not. (Nishinoya x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara