Her arms full of bags containing food although they were soon dropped when she found out why you were in such a state. 

Your sibling was eventually fished out of the water by people who lived nearby and owned boats, they knew your parents and wanted to help but it was much too late for her. 

You still remember seeing the body.

The sight that haunts you every night, what was worse is that her eyes were wide open when she died. 

"[F/n], please! Don't leave me again! I'm so lonely!"

That horrified voice echoing in your ears as you snap awake, cold sweat pouring down your face as you shoot up, struggling to breathe. 

The first thing you notice is your captain stood in the room, watching you with an unreadable expression on his face.

You want to ask him what the hell he's doing in your room but then you realize that this is the crew's lounge area, not your bedroom. 

You had thought if you hung out in here, it'd keep you awake.

Seems you were incorrect. 

"I-I'm..." You trailed off. Were you really about to apologize for having a nightmare? Or was you going to explain it to him? Quite frankly, you're not even sure. Tears rapidly rolling down your face as you struggle to catch your breath. "I'm...so messed up!"

"Fufufu~!" Despite his airy laughter, Doffy still comes close to your fragile frame and pulls you into a warm and secure hug, the fabric of his pink coat wrapping around you as you cry into his bare chest. "We're all messed up here, my darling~!"

It is a pleasant surprise though, you hadn't thought this man would be so understanding and so affectionate over something as trivial as night terrors. 

He loves his crew, his family, as he calls it and you're a member of it but you still hadn't expected him to be so forgiving of your weakened state.

Only the best have a home here and you certainly don't feel like the best right now, you're not sure what he saw in you, why he took you in and trained you to fight personally.

But whatever the reason, you're grateful.

"You've been looking more tired than ever recently, [F/n]." The blonde hums calmly as he settles down on the comfy sofa, pulling you into his lap as his lips gently graze your forehead. "Tell me why."

Many people inside the family have noticed how gentle Doffy was with you, how you seemed to have a special effect on him. Even when things go terribly wrong, he just can't stay angry when you're around, you ease him.

And he wants to ease you too.

"I just...can't sleep peacefully. I have...nightmares."

His chest is warm against your cheek and you can faintly hear his heart beating in your ear, a comforting sound to you though. It reminds you that the man who took you in and cared for you when no one else bothered is alive and here with you.

Your parents grew cold after your sister died, they blamed you and you knew it. 

You blamed yourself too. 

So you left them in peace, they never came looking for you and you never went back to that house, you were scared of water though. For a long time, you hated it. 

And you had forgotten just how much until you were accidentally knocked off a dock one day by a certain pirate, you had panicked and started screaming, kicking your legs around like mad.

Only to be simply scooped out of the ocean by a set of strings that were attached to the clouds, they were so thin that you could barely see them unless the sun shined on them. 

The man who had saved you took an interest in you immediately and wanted you to join his crew.

Donquixote Doflamingo, the heavenly demon...

You think the name definitely suits him, he can seem demonic if you do him wrong but if you're good to him, he's definitely good to you.

He's heaven personified... 

You feel a small smile tug on his lips against your forehead, as if he can read your exact thoughts about him. His hand gently stroking your lower back as he stares down at you from behind his sunglasses.

"Then stay with me." The blonde calmly requests as his free hand comes up to your face, brushing some of your hair aside to look into your eyes. "I'll make all the nightmares go away."

If anyone else had made such a claim, you wouldn't believe it for a second but Doffy is different. 

You can already feel your body beginning to relax against his, a serenity that you haven't felt in so many years washing over you as your eyes fall closed, his pink feathered coat draping around your frame and warming you as his lips gently press against yours.

There's a spark of sorts, something that draws you into him and makes the kiss feel right, as if you were made to be his. He sadly breaks the contact all too soon, burying his face in your hair as a smile spreads across his lips. 

"I also have trouble sleeping so you can be my remedy whilst I'm being yours."

-----------------------------