Chapter 2- The Project

Once Mrs.Wilson was finished giving everyone their seats she started explaining our first project, "You will be working with the person next to create a map of the world. You will use pictures from the internet to make collages for each country. When you finish the colleges you and your partner will have to put colored pins on it where you want to go."

I looked over at TJ and sighed. This day just got better. Mrs. Wilson passed out the poster board to each pair. I took the poster and wrote my name on the back in sharpie and TJ did the same.

"Okay, so I'm Cyrus," I said to him.

"I know and I'm TJ," he said to me.

"I know," I replied with a smile, "We should get to work."

"Oh, I forgot to mention it will be due by the end of class on Thursday. So, you have 4 days to work on it," Mrs.Wilson remembered.

"I will get a computer and start to find some pictures. You should- a, do the same," TJ said to me. I smiled and nodded at him.

He's not as bad I thought he was going to be. I guess he was just in a bad mood this morning because he had to come to school. TJ and I spent the rest of the class looking for pictures. TJ hadn't spoken to me and I hadn't spoken to him.

At lunch I found Buffy and Andi sitting a table waiting for Jonah and me to get there. They were sitting at a table for 6 but we were only going to fill up 4 of the seats.

"So how were your first classes of High School?" Andi asked.

"Good. I have Mrs.Wilson for History and I have to be partners with TJ Kippen for the map project," I explained. Buffy nearly spit out her drink when she heard that.

"I just heard what I think I heard right?"Buffy questioned.

"Yes, Buffy. TJ Kippen is my partner because he sits next to me."

"I'm so sorry," She said sincerely.

"It's okay," I laughed, "So, what kind of muffins do they have?"

"The usual," Jonah said clearly hearing what I had asked before sitting down.

I stood up to buy lunch as Jonah took the seat next mine. As I stood in line I thought about Jonah. Did I still like him? Would Andi be mad if she knew? Would they think I'm crazy for liking one of my best friends? All that went through my head while I waited to buy my lunch.

When I got the front of the line I got mac and cheese and a chocolate chip muffin. When I sat back down at the table I looked at Jonah as he talked. I looked at his blue eyes and his face. Soon I was just looking at him without knowing it.

"Earth to Cyrus," Buffy said pulling me out of my thought, "Are you ok?"

"Uh- yea," I said pretending nothing happened.

(This is what I meant when describing the project)

Hey guys! I really hope you are enjoying! There are going to be a few things that wouldn't actually happen in the show, happen here. I'm not going to spoil anything but just wanted to add it to make it a little bit different and I think it will be fun to write about.