"There!"

A childish female voice resounded in the dark night, the moon which was previously covered by clouds shone onto the shadow completely revealing what was hidden.

Widening his eyes in horror, he watched as a child was holding her 'creation' with a proud smile on her face.

The 'creation' in her hands was a bird, a bird with its beak tied tightly together, its legs were missing and its wings were missing all its feather. The naked wing was covered in blood and you could see bits of the wing cut out.

"Now your beautiful!"

The psychopathic child was smiling proudly as she lifted her 'creation' into the air while twirling in circles.

"I'm gonna show mommy!"

Running in the direction Shuu walked from, Shuu could feel his fur bristling in alarm.

Great, so now I have to evade that two-faced psychotic animal abusing daughter

Yes, that little girl who seemed like a reaper from hell was Shi Mao Lian and Fu Shao's beautiful daughter. The one that was luckily killed by the empress in the original storyline before being tortured to death as revenge.

Continuing his journey to find food, he decided he had to escape from these crazy people.

When he finally reached the kitchen, his legs were already aching. Imagine a tiny kitten walking with injured paws for 20 minutes just to reach the kitchen.

There were two people busying around the kitchen preparing for tomorrow's meals, they both seemed pretty buth and unkind but you can't judge a person by the appearances.

Meowing pitifully, he successfully collected their attention, when they first saw him they stared for a minute before doing anything.

The one closer to Shuu bowed down and used a cloth to hold him.

"Meow"

Meowing in pain, he tried to convey his hunger to the chef. The chef placed him on a tabletop away from the food and started discussing with the other one.

"Why is there a kitten in the palace?"

"Maybe it's Imperial consort Shi's new pet?"

"But why is it running around at night then?"

"Maybe it escaped"

"Should we return it"

"... let's return it in the morning"

"Ok, but it seems injured"

Both the chefs approached Shuu with caution, noticing the kitten crying out, they figured it wanted or needed something.

"Meowwwww"

Feed me dammit!

His grumbling stomach was on the verge of exploding! When the two chefs finally heard the grumbling, they began to prepare some milk for the him.

Lapping up the milk offered to him, Shuu burped in satisfaction. His previously grumbling stomach started hurting from the lack of food, If he was an ordinary kitten then he'd already be dead by now.

"Where do we keep it?"

"We should leave it in a box somewhere and check tomorrow"

"But what if it runs away?"

"If Imperial consort lost her kitten it wouldn't be our problem"

"True"

Wrapping the kitten in a cloth again, they placed Shuu in a box and left him in front of the storage room. The cloth provided some warmth allowing Shuu to drift to sleep.

After he drifted to sleep, he didn't notice a pair of eyes watching him from the dark.

The next morning he was brought back to the imperial consort and glared at viciously.

"I warm you little mutt, If you escape again in the night then I'll boil you alive and feed you to the dogs!"

Silently staring back in reply, Imperial Consort Shi could only huff in anger and kick the fragile kitten away.

"You know what? I don't care anymore! If you starve to death then starve to death!"

Slowly trying to stand, shuu asked the system for his body condition.

"Three ribs broken, in danger of hypothermia at night"

"I blame you"

"Hmm!"

"Mreow"

Meowing angrily back at the abusive consort, he was nearly crushed when the door flung open from the outside.

"Mother!"

Stepping on Shuu's tail, the consorts only daughter, Wu Meimei pounced on her mother with a box in hand.

The consorts face hung a bright smile when talking to her daughter.

"What's wrong Meimei?"

"Look! It's my newest creation!"

Shuu could see the consorts face twitch a few times when she heard her daughters words.

"Meimei... You don't have to show me..."

"But mother! It's beautiful!"

Opening the box, she placed her greatest creation in her mother's hand and jumped in excitement. When Imperial consort Shi touched the birds corpse she flung it straight at Shuu in disgust.

"Meimei! How many times have I said not to play with dead animals? They are disgusting!"

Enraged by her daughter making her touch such a thing, she ordered her guards to place her daughter in house arrest to reflect upon her mistakes.

When Wu Meimei was about to go out, she noticed a small kitten sitting next to her creation.

"Then mother... Can I have this kitten?"

Not even bothering to reply, she just waved her hand to signal the guards to take her away.

Running out of the room, Shuu once again slowly made his way to the kitchen hoping to meet the two chefs again. They looked quite scary with their huge muscles but they weren't mean, their gentle ways while treating a lost kitten of unknown origins made Shuu relax.

He waited patiently for lunch time before calling out to them.

"Meow"

Swinging his still furless tail, he waited for them to give him some milk. In such peril times, a small kindness can go a long way.

Waiting for him to grow up, he stayed at the imperial consorts courtyard everyday being fed by the two kind hearted chefs and plotting how to complete his tasks.