"It's Kaneki Ken."
Ken sends her a smile himself and finally sees her back gradually fading from his eyesight as she went back home.

"Hey...Kaneki."
Hide taps Ken's shoulder with a shocked expression on his face. Ken gives him a bubbly smile as a response, not really paying any attention on him because of the excitement of meeting his long awaited book.

"Did you just realize what you just did?"
Ken gives Hide a shook of his head as a response.

"You literally just asked her out on a DATE!"
Hide exclaims which snapped Ken out of his trance.

"...Eh...?"

~~**~~
"Ahhh!!!!! What-what do I do?! I just asked out a girl on a date!!! W-what did I just do?! Oh, god, more importantly, what should I wear?! How should I act?! Do I need to--"
Ken's blabbering is finally stopped by Hide when he covers Ken's mouth with his hand.

"You're being noisy, Kaneki. Just act naturally like you did at the library today. No need to be so nervous. Just be yourself. The you who love book so much. I'm sure Y/N-chan will be more comfortable with that too."

"Hide...but what if I failed and embarrass myself in front of her?"
Ken let out his worries with teary eyes.

"Don't worry, Kaneki! Even if you mess up, I'll always be there with you..."

"Hide..."
Ken looks at his best friend with a touched face. His eyes grow teary once again at Hide's words. Well, not until Hide continues his sentence.

"To laugh at you, that is!"
Hide then bursts out laughing since Ken totally believed him. Ken shows an irk mark on his forehead before beginning to chase Hide who is already ahead of him.

~~**~~
Second Person POV

The day went as smoothly as the both of you have hoped for. The both of you went to the bookstore and look out for any interesting book. As soon as you two were out of the bookstore, the both of you walk steadily towards the cafe Ken suggested.

While you were chatting away while walking, you notice something odd. All around you, there were people holding hands, feeding each other ice cream, teasing each other and sending each other sweet nothings.

That's when it FINALLY clicked into you.

'Huh? These situations...don't tell me... IS THERE AN ICE CREAM SALE AT THAT SHOP?!?! Ah, I wanna go! I wonder if I can??? Can I? Can I???'
You stare intensely at the shop while these thoughts run through your head. But then another thoughts clicked into you.

'Huh? All of the people around us...are couples, right? OH SHIT! Waitwaitwaitwait!!!! This situation with me and Kaneki-kun....is this a date?! I've been invited to a date?!! And I just realized it now???!!!'
You start to pace nervously in your mind while sweating uncontrollably. You could also feel your cheeks heating up at the sudden realization.

Your eyebrows creased as you think deeply about this situation. You then take a glance to see how Ken's acting. He seems to notice the couples around too, making him slightly blush.

'Well, at least I'm not the only one.'
You heave a sigh of relief and continue to enjoy your little date. (Although you're still nervous)

~~**~~
The time flew fast and before you knew it, it's already time for you and Ken to part ways. He offered to walk you home and you happily accept his offer. As soon as you reached your house, you turn and give a slight bow to him.

"Thanks for today, Kaneki-kun. It has been a very fun day. I'm glad I get to know you better."

"Oh, the same goes to me, L/N-san! Um, I'm really happy that I got to talk to you. You're a really good company to be with."
Ken replies with a flustered smile. He looks down at his feet for a moment, a bit embarrassed to look straight at your mesmerising eyes.

"Oh, and one more thing. You can just call me Y/N. Without honorifics. I'm more comfortable with that anyway."
You flash a cheerful grin at him, easing his nervousness a little bit at your friendliness.

"Well then, Y/N. You can just call me Ken."
He then holds out his right hand and you shake it without hesitance.

"Okay, Ken. Well, then. See you at school!"
You wave at him one last time before entering your home.

As Ken continue to walk to his home while you sat at your sofa, daydreaming, your thoughts sync.

""That was...really fun.""

End of Chapter 1

Hey, there! Hope you like the first chappy. There's still many things going to come from here on out so this I just wanted to give some chance to these guys to have peaceful days ya know? (*'▽`*)