A Zombie Joins The Party

They ran for some time uninhibited as they dodged through back alleys. The had to go to the road where they were met with a wave of undead. One noticed them and began to advance, they couldn't shoot and risk alerting the other zombies. Then a blur of black flashed into their view, a bragged of growls and wet gurgles. The zombie was killed and they saw it was the same girl from before. She turned to the group and thrust her head in the direction they were going, her jaw swing around at the rough movement.. Clark went out on a limb and nodded his head, she grunted and looked back.

From zombie to zombie the girl ran and pounced. She dropped on all fours and crawling at frightening speeds. Climbing undead and biting their throats out, ripping off heads, ripping others in two. Shadow left a wake of gore as she went, allowing the team a clear path the run. In no time they made back to their safe house. It was secluded and alone so the zombies hadn't found it. The group was about to run in when they heard a gurgle, they turned and looked at Shadow. She looked nervous, picking at the peeling flesh from her fingers and shifting from one leg to the other. They sat for a moment till Tyler yelled.

"Are you seriously thinking about letting a zombie in the safe house! Just fucking shoot it before it kills us"

Tyler reached for his gun, but both Clark and Shadow jumped to stop him.

"She just saved us, TWICE! I say we let her in."

Katie shouted, the determination clear in her voice. They all began to argue as they discussed what to do. There bickering was interrupted by a gurgling sound causing them to pause and look at the zombie in question. In her hand was a single pink flower, it was a carnation, pristine and beautiful. She gestured towards them asking to come closer, but James's gun kept her in place. Katie knew the rotting girl meant no harm to she walked closer, despite her team's warnings.

Once she was in arm's length she stopped, smiling at Shadow. Shadow returned her smile the best she could with her partly falling off jaw. Slowly Shadow lifted her hand to Katie's head as the others screamed to her, James wanted to shoot but it was too risky with Katie there. With the gentleness of a kitten, Shadow pushed her hair and placed the flower behind her ear. The team was stunned and didn't know what to say, but Katie had made up her mind.

"We're letting her in."

The team was now rushing around taking care of wounds and reorganizing supplies, all but Clark and Katie. Katie had been wounded from a zombie grabbing her side so she wasn't rushing around with the others. Instead, she was sitting in the corner playing with their new companion, rolling a ball between them. Clark was standing watch over the two since the other three still didn't trust the creature. Thought they were giving passing smiles as they watched the two play.