02

[🌸❣️🌷🌹]
f l o w e r s o n t h e f l o o r

as corbyn awoke from his slumber, he rubbed his eyes with his hands balled up in fists

as corbyn awoke from his slumber, he rubbed his eyes with his hands balled up in fists. looking around the familiar, yet uncomfortable room with a yawn, corbyn frowned. words couldn't describe the feeling of waking up in an empty bed. he hated that daniel wasn't there with him.

nonetheless, corbyn made his journey back to what used to be his and daniel's bedroom. he knocked on the door quietly, pulling at his hood nervously. a soft voice was heard on the other side, urging him to come in. corbyn obliged, creaking the door open with a small smile.

there, daniel had been lying atop his covers, phone in hand. he looked up for just a second, his ocean blue eyes flooding corbyn's. just the sight of the boy he missed so dearly was enough to cause tears to well in his eyes. but no, he couldn't let him see how vulnerable he was. never.

"i'll leave you alone in just a minute. i have to get changed." corbyn spoke lowly, his voice just above a whisper as he walked to the closet. "it's no problem. this is your room too." daniel spoke, averting his eyes back to his phone. corbyn rolled his eyes as he blinked his tears away.

it sure didn't feel like this room too, was his. he hadn't felt the same warm energy he had always felt. the feeling felt unfamiliar, almost as if the room had never been used by the blond; foreign.

finally dressing himself, corbyn grabbed his wallet off the desk, not missing a small polaroid that sat next to it. the picture had been of the two on new year's eve. what a delightful night that was. they had been completely sober in the middle of a sea of drunks. yet somehow, that night was perfect.

corbyn placed the polaroid into his pocket as he made his way to the door. "i'll be out for a bit, tell me if you need anything, love." corbyn spoke, nearly hesitating as he spoke the pet name. he stood there for a while, awaiting an answer, hoping for a cute name like 'corbs', 'baby', anything.

corbyn sighed sadly as he made his way downstairs, unlocking the door to his appartment before exiting. the wind blew through his already messy hair as he walked briskly down the stairs. seeing as the weather had been warm, corbyn pulled up the sleeves of his hoodie, uncovering his arms. and thus, he began his walk.

as corbyn journied through the small city, street performers were seen on many corners, pop up shops were seen in front of stores, and today, a small donation pop up had been set up. corbyn smiled as he read the sign above the stand. 'to write love on her arms'. intrigued, corbyn went closer.

corbyn donated nearly one hundred-fifty dollars to the campaign, earning a t-shirt and pin in return. he smiled brightly before making his way towards a local flower shop. bouquets of pink flowers loitered the stand, bright shades of the pastel color everywhere.

corbyn looked around, ensuring he'd pick the perfect bouquet, one fit for daniel. he picked it up, handing it silently to the lady as he gave her five dollars. he then, made his way home with a smile, light music sounding through his ears.

corbyn waltzed into his and daniel's apartment with a bright smile on his face. daniel would truly appreciate the flowers, as he loved the small plants. the blond made his way up to his room, knocking on the door. "it's always open, love." daniel's small voice echoed through the door, corbyn's heart melting at the pet name. it's been too long since he's been called love.

corbyn hid the flowers behind his back, a mischievous smile etched into his face as he sat down at the edge of the bed. "what are you doing?" daniel smiled, setting his phone down with a chuckle. "i love you, daniel. a lot. so, i got you these." corbyn spoke timidly, a blush shading his cheeks as he pulled out the flowers.

"corbyn, i love these. i love you." daniel smiled, leaning forward to peck corbyn's forehead before standing up. he made his way to his desk where a glass vase stood, water already poured from past flowers. "thank you, love. i really appreciate it." daniel cooed, stepping back to look at the vase that had been filled with a few pink flowers.

"no need to thank me, dani. i love you." corbyn spoke, needing to hear the brunet say it just one more time. "i love you, too." daniel almost sounded hesitant; almost. corbyn smiled as he placed his arms around daniel's waist, face pressed against his lover's back. maybe this wouldn't be so hard. maybe daniel was finally coming back to him.

∘◦❁◦∘
"but my heart is so invested, i don't want to face the truth."