"So this is the car? My car? Holy mother of Zeus! " I say, as thunder rumbles in the background.

"You like it?" Tony smirks.

"No I want a bike," my voice drips with sarcasm. "Of course I like it. I love it!"

"Do you have a licence?"

"Well, no. Haven't really had time to get one."

"Then I'll have to drive you until you get one."

I get in the car and marvel at the beauty of it. Black leather covers the seats, the sleek design feels almost familiar, but I might be crazy. Well, I'm probably crazy. OK, I'm definitely a bit crazy but let's move on.

Tony starts the car and pulls out of the car park. Grey walls flash past and then we're outside. Green trees and crisp grass and fresh air. The sky stretching above us is clear. Thanks, Zeus.

We wind down a small road that eventually merges into a highway. It takes another ten minutes to get to the school.

Tony turns into the car park and parks the car. I get out and turn to him.

"So how am I meant to get back? I can't drive," I ask. "And how are you going to get back?"

"Don't worry kid," Tony says. "You can ask Peter – I told you about him, right? Brown hair, brown eyes, kinda nerdy looking? He's the Spider-kid." – "The who now?" – "Doesn't matter. I must have told you about him. Anyways here's his locker number and I put you two in the same homeroom so he could help you fit in. What was I saying? Right just ask Peter to drive you back and I have my suit. I also need to show you inside."

He turns around and starts to walk to the entrance.

"You coming Percy?" He shouts back to me.

I roll my eyes and start to follow him to the school. As we enter, the eyes of everyone turn to us. I mean I knew Tony was a world-famous superhero/billionaire/philanthropist but I kinda forgot that meant I was now famous too.

It feels like Camp Half-Blood when I came back. Everyone wanted me to be strong and brave and lead. I just wanted to grieve for my friends – no, my family. Surprisingly, it was Dionysius who told me to get away. He'd actually called me by my name, a surprise on its own, and told me that he sensed my feelings and pain and that the only thing I had to do now was rest.

By the time we reach the receptionist, I've shaken the memories from my mind. The woman behind the desk is petite, flashing Tony a bright smile.

"Hi, I registered my niece here recently. Is there anything else I need to fill or can she go to class?" Tony asks, dazzling the receptionist with an equally bright smile. Bleurgh.

"Let me check the system, Mr Stark," she replies. "Everything seems to be in order."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 04, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Broken Glassजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें