But it was just different when he was finally here — physically, and in flesh.

A huge smile slowly spread on Sean's lips – the type of smile where his dimples popped out, and his eyes crinkled softly at the corners with a certain twinkle, and his cheeks would be of a faint glow of red.

And he turned around just to see his girl, standing across the room with her hands in her hoodie's packets and with a shy look on her face. She looked so small and tiny, yet so cozy in his eyes that all he could do was walk over to her to bring her in for the nth hug that day.

He could hug, and touch, and kiss her forever. Being miles apart took away all of that, and he couldn't get enough of it — of her.

Sean was never the vocal person, who'd get so clingy and touchy and loveydovey with anyone. But he could make some exceptions.

His mouth was resting on her handful of hair, relaxing his lips as he left a small kiss on the crown of her head. His arms found their familiar place around her hips as she laid her head on his chest. And they were unconsciously rocking back and forth, immersed in their own private bubble away from the world. It was peaceful, and quiet, and intimate, and them — just them.

"You know, mom threatened to ship me back here several times just because I wouldn't stop talking about you. Like, we would be eating that stupid to-go oatmeal from that random store, and I would mention your name, and go on about a story of how you ate oatmeal with strawberries for the entire day without eating anything else until you had diarrhea. Mom hated that, by the way, because the oatmeal started looking like puke and—"

"You didn't have to tell her that!"

She could feel him grin as his lips stayed rested atop her head, "oh, I know, but it was word vomit. And you know she loves hearing about you more than she would love hearing about me. I can't blame her, though."

This made her hug him tighter, the hold on the back of his hoodie clenched even harder as he held her close. She can't help but feel her cheeks hurt from smiling too wide, but she was happy — so damn happy, and he made her happy.

"It's so hard to be away from you. Not when you're being like this, and not when you're the cutest sleepy human I've ever seen," his giggle was muffled by her hair, and there was a certain satisfaction to the gentle vibrations of his laugh. "You drool so much though, you goof, I'd think you were drooling a bucket every time you fell asleep on call."

A more violent red spread across her face as Sapphire slapped his chest lightly. "It's because timezones suck, and I'm tired all the time."

"You should nap more, yeah?" His eyes morphed into a look of concern as he peered down at her. "Your eyes are getting puffier."

"So are yours," she pointed out. It was true; the bags under his eyes became darker, and there was always a droopy look on his lids now.

"Then it's settled," he said, laughing a little bit. "Next date is naptime with no interruptions."

They'd just sleep in together the whole day, and it'll be the best day she's ever had.

"I have a lot more to tell you, yeah?" He pulled away ever so slightly just to look at her face, that glowed in pure contentment, and he can't help but plant a cute kiss on the tip of her nose. "All about this and that, and I hope you won't fall asleep on me."

Sapphire chuckled, shaking her head ever so slightly in amusement before leaning her forehead on his chest again. "I would never. I would love to hear more about your adventures, Shamu."

Suddenly, their moment was interrupted by a loud shrill of a vibrating phone. And all they could do was let out a series of loud laughs as Katherine's name was displayed in red all over the boy's phone, as more texts from the rest of the group chimed in. Sapphire was the first to pull away from the embrace, and the boy let out a little sound of annoyance with the loss of contact.