Meet And Greet

I sit on my couch, tapping my foot, when I hear my door open. I look over to see Scott.
  "Hey Mitchy." He says And I stand up. I run over to him and hug him tightly.
  "Woah... You alright?" He asks and I sigh shakily.
  "Not really... I think I found my soulmate." I say, remembering my 10th grade lesson on Soulmates.

"Okay Class. Today we will be learning about soulmates." The teacher, Mrs. Kenny said and everyone but me and a select few people groan in annoyance.
The only reason they do that is because they have already found their soulmate. People usually meet their soulmate around the age of 13-15... but I am 17 right now... and still don't have a soulmate yet.
"The way you can tell who your soulmate depends on your personalities. The most common way is a timer on your wrist. The second most common is a mark on the place they will touch you when they first meet you. The third rarest is being able to tell when you make eye contact. The fourth rarest is a saying that they will say when you are in the room and can hear them." She says with a smile about the last one.
"Two of the rarest are dreams about your soulmate, or the ability to feel their pain..." Mrs. Kenny says then she looks at us all with a sad look.
"And some people... Don't have a soulmate. They were destined to be alone all their lives." She says and a sad sigh comes out of her mouth.
I always hoped I had a soulmate because it meant that I could tell them anything and not get judged by them.
"I feel bad for those 1 in 100000 that don't have a soulmate. They deserve someone too." She says and looks all around the room. Me and her lock eyes for a moment then she looks away from me ANF walks to her seat behind her desk.

  I feel him wrap his arms around me.
  "Awesome! Is that who is coming over?" He asks and I nod into his chest. I hear my doorbell and pull away from Scott's embrace. I walk over to the door, and open it, seeing Kevin and the male from my dream.
  "Avriel?" I ask and his eyes widen.
  "Y-yeah... Mitchelle?" He asks and I smile.
  "Yeah." I say and he smiles.
  "Oh my god... I never thought... I w-would..." he seems to start crying and I step up to him.
  "Hey, calm down Avriel." I say and put my hand on his cheek. He leans into my touch and smiles.
  "I'm sorry... I just never thought that I would have a soulmate... I mean... I spent my entire life thinking i was gonna be alone forever..." he says and opens his eyes. I smile.
  "Well that makes two of us then." I say and he nods. I notice a girl behind Kevin and Avriel.
  "Who's this?" I ask and look at the girl.
  "Kirstie. It is nice to meet you Mitchelle." She says and i smile.
  "You guys can call me Mitch. I don't exactly like that name very much." I say and she smiles.
  "Alright, Mitch." She says and i nod.
  "Why don't you all come in?" I ask and they nod. We all walk into the living room and they sit down.
  "Would you like anything?" I ask and they shake their head, saying no.
  "Alright, now, I need a major explanation." I say in my affirmative tone. Kevin flinches again i sigh.
  "I'm sorry Kevin. I'm usually like this because of my work." I say and they all raise an eyebrow in unison.
  "Detective." Me and Scott say in unison and they all nod.
  "Is he your partner?" Kristie asks and I nod.
  "Has been for the entire job. He has always been the one right beside me." I say and they all nod. I look at Avriel.
  "What about you?" I ask him and he freezes. I sense that he is uncomfortable, but before I could fix it, Scott steps in.
  "What he means is, What line of work do you enjoy?" He says and i nod. Avriel relaxes and shrugs.
  "Well... I like to do photography. I have an Instagram account for my pictures... alot of people say I have perfect timing." He says and i smile.
  "That must be very interesting." I say and he nods.