Chapter 1 - Memories

Toru-san sitting there again on his usual spot at the library. Heavy lid eyes like he's bored to death being at this place but at the same time having this peaceful aura because no one is bothering him and he can read in peace.

While the pathetic me is always hiding on my usual spot behind this freaking bookshelves so I can watch him toss his hair or run his hands on it and smile. Oooohhh my God that smile. My heart is pounding just by seeing that fucking smile. He looks like he's enjoying that book again. I must read it after he's finished. Yey! My heart is giggling, bet that's a very nice book. 

Really Taka? giggling? Can you be any gay than that?

I sighed. A heavy one, take note. like letting out all my frustrations on that one.

Toru Saga, the fucking beautiful, Toru Saga. The love of my life. I'm in love with him for 3 years now.

I know it was love at first sight, seeing him at the hallways on my first day upon entering this school. But never had a chance to talk to him or make a conversation. He's a year older than me so it's really hard for me to see him always.

I know there's something wrong with me, I mean I can just approach him and say "Hello Senpai, I'm Takahiro Moruichi and I love you. And oh you are beautiful by the way, can I be your friend?"

  Yeeaahhhhh, that would be awesome Taka. Like fucking awesome. Bet he will say back"I love you too Taka" or "Get lost". 

Just kidding, I tried! I really really tried. But every time I approach him, my legs started to betray me and walk past or walk to the opposite direction. Stupid fucking legs, why won't you cooperate?! Just for once okay? Just once before he graduates and my remaining high school days will be doomed. I sighed again. 

"Enough Taka, enough drooling, and enough stalking, you still have other things to do," I muttered to myself.

Oh shit I remember! I still needs to finish the last book Toru-san read so I can move on the next.

I silently step back, so I won't make any noise or disturb him or specifically be caught staring. That would be the last thing I want right now. I proceed on the hallway towards the back at the Literature Section. Hmm, where is that book again? I know it is here somewhere, at the upper shelves, near the top. My eyes roam on the titles one by one.

"Oh there it is" I tried to grab the book but failed because, of fucking course. my midget height won't let me, I glared at my legs wishing that they would grow just a couple of inches.  

Way to go insult your height young man

I tiptoed to reach try and reach for the book again when someone suddenly grabs it for him. Such a kind person. He slowly turns to that person to say thank you but instantly freeze. Its....

it's... Toru-san. standing in front of him. Is Toru Saga! 

"Ah Toru-san" 

"Why did you know my name?" he asked me with that husky voice that I only heard when I passed him on the corridors when he's talking to his friends.

I feel my cheeks heating up. I need to slightly look up because of our height differences. I can't answer. I just blinked once. twice. trice, until Toru-san speaks again. 

"Is this the book you want to read? It's really good" he said with a blank face.

I am still speechless as fuck.

Speak Taka! Did you swallow your tongue or anything?! He's right there! This is your chance! Oh my God! you are stupid!

Shut up brain!